Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just cleaned my car, used the Citroen protect shampoo they gave me and after drying it I've noticed loads of white pin head specs on the front bonnet, ran my finger over them and it feels like it's in the paintwork, slightly annoying as I've only had it for nearly two weeks! :cry:

Just wondering if anyone has had this?, will be ringing the Citroen dealer Monday :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
You need to take it back to the dealer. The bonnet is made from Aluminium and it sounds like it has oxidised in the paint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
not been near any white liners or just finished roadworks recently?

That stuff needs a lot of elbow grease to get off, normally requiring the use of a medium to hard clay bar and a good tar remover.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it not the metal flake do you really have to look to notice it ,if you do I would say it was metal flake that's if you have matalic paint

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, you can notice if you look on the front bonnet, quite a few white pin head specs all over it, thinking they haven't put the Citroen protect on properly maybe

·
Registered
626 Posts
Can you post a close up pic?

If you park your car in a garage it could be spider poo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a pick guys, like this all over the bonnet

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Possibly a problem in the clear coat, back to the dealers and get them to sort it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the info guys, just got back from the body shop and it was tree sap aha, t cut removed it straight away

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ahh yes tree sap destroys paint just like bird poo if you don't remove it.

I remember when I was a car valet at a garage years back and you could see the cars that parked under trees or had regular trips to the car wash (big brush auto type) the paint would be really badly damaged

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get this too, I finish work quite late in the evening, and often the only space left is under a tree (i wonder why), it's really noticeable and really hard to get off, and it also makes the wipers stick. Really annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts