Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I got my cactus a few days ago, and already I'm skimming the brochure for parts. I have the feel, which i like, but i noticed its missing a few bits i would like. Will the following parts be plug and play, or more hassle??

Rear parking sensors
Front parking sensors
Front fogs.

Also the car seems quite dark inside when the interior light is on, due to not having one in the back. Do you think it would be easy enough to fit one? Finally, the cosmetic accessories, has anyone got the front and rear defusers? And and decal packs.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think you will find that the parts you mentioned are factory fit options.

·
Registered
472 Posts
george said:
Hi
I got my cactus a few days ago, and already I'm skimming the brochure for parts. I have the feel, which i like, but i noticed its missing a few bits i would like. Will the following parts be plug and play, or more hassle??

Rear parking sensors
Front parking sensors
Front fogs.

Also the car seems quite dark inside when the interior light is on, due to not having one in the back. Do you think it would be easy enough to fit one? Finally, the cosmetic accessories, has anyone got the front and rear defusers? And and decal packs.
Had mine a year now and love it as much now as I did when I picked it up. Not come across front and rear difusers before, what on earth are they supposed to be. Or am I having a 'moment'.

·
Registered
57 Posts
george said:
Hi

Rear parking sensors
Front parking sensors
Front fogs.

Checking the Citroen Accessories website then Front and Rear sensors can be purchased, but they are not cheap (about £600 for both in the UK). They are also listed as "C4 - New" rather than specifically for the Cactus, the accessory website is poor in this regard for Cactus accessories, so best to ring the dealer to check.
Front fog lamps look to be factory fit only and not available as an accessory.
I cannot see any official accessories for extra interior lighting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the feel and the dealer fitted aftermarket rear sensors for me so it can be done.

My feel came with front fogs is this another change in spec?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered the front & rear diffuser for my Feel before it arrived at the dealer, and they fitted them for me for free when it arrived,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies, are the plugs available on the car for the parts i mentioned, ie. Do all the cactus range have a generic wiring harness so they all have thebplugs for the stuff.

·
Registered
626 Posts
george said:
Cheers for the replies, are the plugs available on the car for the parts i mentioned, ie. Do all the cactus range have a generic wiring harness so they all have thebplugs for the stuff.
They do/will however they may not be terminated in an appropriate connection ready for the fitment for the accessory. The other consideration is that any fitment of any electronic accessory will more than likely need to be configured by the dealer. In some cases (or at least it used to be the case) some accessories are "built in" to the cars BSI and therefore cannot be activated via the dealer and will require significant rework to get it working.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I ordered the front & rear diffuser for my Feel before it arrived at the dealer. But they forgot to order :(
When eventually fitted the back one came adrift quite quickly but I had driven a lot in rain.They replaced with non Citroën super glue. A few weeks later the front came adrift and before I got back to dealer it ripped off during driving.
They had to replace with a new one. The initial fitting and two replacement fittings meant a courtesy car overnight .
Cactus 110 Flair , C3 and DS3 . My Cactus is definitely the best :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BristolRich said:
george said:
They do/will however they may not be terminated in an appropriate connection ready for the fitment for the accessory. The other consideration is that any fitment of any electronic accessory will more than likely need to be configured by the dealer. In some cases (or at least it used to be the case) some accessories are "built in" to the cars BSI and therefore cannot be activated via the dealer and will require significant rework to get it working.
I will ask at my local dealer and see what they say, if i get the news i want then i will add the parts i want. Although £800 for a full set of 17" alloys with no tyres is quite steep.

·
Registered
626 Posts
george said:
I will ask at my local dealer and see what they say, if i get the news i want then i will add the parts i want. Although £800 for a full set of 17" alloys with no tyres is quite steep.
Unfortunatly OEM alloys through dealers are always pricey.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Priced the alloys, £816.57. Without tyres, but for a measly £250 extra I can get some mid-range ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts