Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front wipers failed to spray water on the screen yesterday.

At the dealership today who advised the tube had worn away to make a hole in the pipe. Wonder how long the replacement pipe might last and if they will need to come up with an alteration in design or pipe run.

podman

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have wondered about the reliability of the washer system. Wondering if a little smeear of silicon grease on the tubing might be a good idea?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree and I think its a potential weak point.

The pipe is similar to that used on the original C4 headlamp washers which were prone to splitting and failing. I guess keeping topped up with good quality screen wash at a high concentration (especially through winter) will help along with frequent use to ensure clear lines and flushed through. That said the pipe does seem a bit 'exposed'.

The other thing I wondered is how much (and availability) the replacement blades will be when the time comes... :?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine seems to have failed today after only two months :(
EDIT: it turns out in my case it was user error. You need to pull the stick toward you and hold it for a second or two. I was just flicking it in out briefly like I did on my old car. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.