Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning the car yesterday, when I came upon loose / free electrical wiring, under the seat.
Is this normal? This is for both seats, just curious as to whether they should both be fixed in place?
Image is upside down
View attachment 54

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Perfectly normal - they are lose as they need to 'flex' when the seat goes back and forth. It's the wiring for the side airbag and seatbelt recognition and sensor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah under the seat is fine. I remember wiring in some speakers to my VW Beetle many years ago and ran the wires under the rear floor mats. Then once driving with mates in the back the floor mat caught fire. Turns out that 16.02 PVC insulated wire doesn't take well to feet on it and shorted out to the floor pan. You wouldn't believe how fast we all got out the car! Fortunately they had a few bottles of lager to throw on it and all was well again.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Adrian said:
yeah under the seat is fine. I remember wiring in some speakers to my VW Beetle many years ago and ran the wires under the rear floor mats. Then once driving with mates in the back the floor mat caught fire. Turns out that 16.02 PVC insulated wire doesn't take well to feet on it and shorted out to the floor pan. You wouldn't believe how fast we all got out the car! Fortunately they had a few bottles of lager to throw on it and all was well again.
That was lucky and I have also put many wires under car carpets in the past :shock:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't have this on mine from what I am aware. There is some wiring but it has a flimsy plastic covering- however no blue bits that I can see. Could be wrong just going from memory but will have a closer look later.

·
Registered
Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech [82] Flair 5dr 2017
5 Posts
Just found this wiring and was wondering about it myself. Cheers for the info, good to see 5 years on its still useful!

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is the airbag wiring, I disconnected these plugs (with the ignition off) and reconnect them. I took out the front passenger seat so I could carry a six foot shower screen ( in the boxes) and base of in my Cactus. The dash did clang at me and warm me (Passenger airbag FAULT) but I ignored it, each time I switched it on.
When I reconnected it back together, it stopped clanging at me. And all warnings ceased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts