Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could go back in time to when you were going looking for your new car knowing now what you didn't then would you still have got the Citroen cactus or would you have second thoughts as for me I can honestly say that I have the car and wouldn't swap it for anything else in its price range

·
Registered
128 Posts
We weren't seriously looking for a new car. We'd talked about getting one and nothing more but then I saw a Cactus. Asked the wife if she'd seen one and she didn't have a clue what I was talking about - I took her to the dealer and that was that. I don't think any other car would have had that effect on both of us - neither of us wanted to drive around in the same car as lots of other people.
So to finally answer your question I wouldn't swap it for anything else.

·
Registered
725 Posts
We weren't really looking to change either. Although after changing from a C5 to a C1 two years ago, I was finding it a little small. But it was my daughter who was looking at a Cactus, and I had never seen one, so we just popped into the dealer to have a look. The rest is history. :D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We were looking around for a car and having had Nissan's in the past we looked at he Juke (ugly - and not nice to drive plus reverse camera was pants compared to cactus) and the quashqui < still not sure how to spell that. None was really interesting or got our juices flowing.

I saw a black or dark coloured cactus on the road coming towards me and thought - Wooo what's that - really looked mean

So we went to try one out and we were hooked. We had a few hours test drive, garage did offer us overnight but we did not have our driving licences on us at the time. After a few hours we were sold and did not want to take it back. I remember getting back into my Mazda 6 (which is a nice car) and it feeling totally boring and low down and not - and not a cactus :cool:

Garage actually shipped our cactus down from Scotland (we live in North East) and the transporter only had the cactus on so they paid something like £400 to ship one car - our car from Scotland :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have had our silver grey cacus etg6 hdi flair (in Spain it is Shine) for 15 months now.almost 17K kilometres on the clock including a trip from southern Spain to Glasgow and back earlier this year,can't fault it. We changed from a top spec 55 Passat and are very happy with our cactus. Only my little rattle which I have learned to ignore.
John

·
Registered
644 Posts
We were looking to change our car but hadn't found one we really liked. Went to look in a Citroen garage and husband fell head over heels for the cactus. I wasn't keen on the interior at first but loved the exterior. After we'd had an hour long test drive I realised I liked both! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
having driven my 13 year old ford focus with 189,000 miles on it for the last 6 years, getting into and driving the cactus felt like I had travelled through time into the distant future. my wife and myself both test drove it and loved it. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Burky said:
If you could go back in time to when you were going looking for your new car knowing now what you didn't then would you still have got the Citroen cactus or would you have second thoughts as for me I can honestly say that I have the car and wouldn't swap it for anything else in its price range
I would almost-certainly buy something else if I had my time again. The cactus is a car that everyone has to make compromises for, because we love the unique styling and the soft ride. But having lived with mine for a while I'm niggled by the lack of things that everyone else has as standard, and there are plenty of cars in the same price bracket that are more far more practical and larger.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
If you hate it that much you could probably easily sell it now while they're at a premium?
Not enough to clear the PCP. And that's the second time you've missed the positive part of my comments, so here it is again 'because we love the unique styling and the soft ride'

·
Registered
128 Posts
Blactus said:
I would almost-certainly buy something else if I had my time again. The cactus is a car that everyone has to make compromises for, because we love the unique styling and the soft ride. But having lived with mine for a while I'm niggled by the lack of things that everyone else has as standard, and there are plenty of cars in the same price bracket that are more far more practical and larger.
Then I'd suggest that next time you take a breath before buying a car because it seems you didn't stop to think about what you were actually getting...spending that much money surely you'd make sure it was the right car for you.

I don't have to make any compromises for the Cactus because I knew before signing on the dotted line EXACTLY what I was getting.

·
Registered
328 Posts
StevieJ said:
Blactus said:
Then I'd suggest that next time you take a breath before buying a car because it seems you didn't stop to think about what you were actually getting...spending that much money surely you'd make sure it was the right car for you.

I don't have to make any compromises for the Cactus because I knew before signing on the dotted line EXACTLY what I was getting.
Haha buddy this is a forum and not a fan site and opinions are allowed to differ. I knew exactly what I was signing up for.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah I researched the car well before buying and I knew about stuff like the back windows not winding down etc. If I had to split hairs I would say the things that 'Niggle me a bit' - would be:

Key being a different angle to what I am used to - keep missing ignition slot as I expect the key to be in-line

eh..... eh....... things that it (for now)

But I did know about the compromises the car has compared to some cars but to be totally honest it feels a BIG step up from my Mazda and that was a nice car. The Cactus will probably not be as good on the motorway (not tried it yet) but it has LOTS of advantages..... been using the speed limiter recently going through long villages and its easy to use and works well

·
Registered
328 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Yeah I researched the car well before buying and I knew about stuff like the back windows not winding down etc. If I had to split hairs I would say the things that 'Niggle me a bit' - would be:

Key being a different angle to what I am used to - keep missing ignition slot as I expect the key to be in-line

But I did know about the compromises the car has compared to some cars but to be totally honest it feels a BIG step up from my Mazda and that was a nice car. The Cactus will probably not be as good on the motorway (not tried it yet) but it has LOTS of advantages..... been using the speed limiter recently going through long villages and its easy to use and works well
Mine is a lovely car on the motorway John, cruises along nicely, but road noise is louder than every other car I've driven

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know full well what this forum is, I don't need you to tell me. There's no need for you get aggrieved about it is there...buddy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Blactus said:
JohnYoung said:

Mine is a lovely car on the motorway John, cruises along nicely, but road noise is louder than every other car I've driven
That will be the lack of insulation...... maybe something that can be added yourself.

Not being funny but I would have the radio turned up louder on the motorway on my Mazda so maybe there won't be to much difference

·
Registered
328 Posts
StevieJ said:
I know full well what this forum is, I don't need you to tell me. There's no need for you get aggrieved about it is there...buddy.
Sounded a lot like you were berating me Steve, for having an opposing opinion on a car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Blactus said:
JohnYoung said:

That will be the lack of insulation...... maybe something that can be added yourself.

Not being funny but I would have the radio turned up louder on the motorway on my Mazda so maybe there won't be to much difference
I'm going to mention insulation to the service guys when I take my car in soon. Not sure I want to be removing seats and door panels though

·
Registered
316 Posts
You should have studied the Cactus before you bought it, plenty of brochures and online downloads which tells you what is in the car. Also you try and get one with the mpg you are getting now for the same size car. It's your own fault and not the cars for buying it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.