Cleaning airbumps

Post pictures of your C4 Cactus here
Tequila
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Tequila » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Ffrs1444 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm
Hi guys I'm a newbie Here just joined and well into my detailing I will collect my car on Saturday, For my chosen trim dressing will be using Autofinesse revive worked on the last cars and lasts for a good while.
https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/revive-250ml
My new cactus, noir obsidien - hopefully, in my garage this week - will be treated with Cquartz-uk on the entirety of the exterior including airbumps and Renaissance Wax on the main interior plastics.


User avatar
zilla
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by zilla » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:49 am

Has anyone had paint protection added by someone other than a dealer, if so what did they use on the bumps?


Tequila
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Tequila » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:38 pm

zilla wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:49 am
Has anyone had paint protection added by someone other than a dealer, if so what did they use on the bumps?
Literally just in the last hour finished the treatment on my new CC; i used Cquartz Reload on the airbumps, very nice ;).


User avatar
zilla
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by zilla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Tequila wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:38 pm
zilla wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:49 am
Has anyone had paint protection added by someone other than a dealer, if so what did they use on the bumps?
Literally just in the last hour finished the treatment on my new CC; i used Cquartz Reload on the airbumps, very nice ;).
Any pictures?


Tequila
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Tequila » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm

zilla wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 pm
Any pictures?
No, i'm not the 'modelling' type; but please take my word for it, 'tis great stuff!


Ffrs1444
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: plymouth

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Ffrs1444 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 pm

bought this the other day as was cheap and after 5 odd washes still perfect and Beading will be money well spent

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collect ... im-sealant


Tequila
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Tequila » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Ffrs1444 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 pm
bought this the other day as was cheap and after 5 odd washes still perfect and Beading will be money well spent

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collect ... im-sealant
Dodo Juice products are very well rated...


Andy555
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Andy555 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Use endurance cleaning gel, put in on with a bath sponge lasts ages. About £9-10 ish


Coypars
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by Coypars » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Having received car back from body shop air bumps have a white chalky residue on them, any ideas on what to use to clean?Looks like it's engrained.


The2ems
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: Cleaning airbumps

Post by The2ems » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Coypars wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm
Having received car back from body shop air bumps have a white chalky residue on them, any ideas on what to use to clean?Looks like it's engrained.
Autoglym bumper and trim gel.
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps


Post Reply

Return to “Members Gallery”