Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Disappointed

12K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  BristolRich 
#1 ·
I've recently had the Williams ceramic finish and I must admit I'm pretty disappointed, anyone else had it and what are you thoughts ??

#4 ·
It's a finish offered by some dealers which we took as we know how dirty black cars can look.
It didn't look remarkably shiny when we picked it up but I've only had a really good look at the car this weekend due to working all week and only seeing the car in the dark.
I noticed today that it has a few blemishes so the dealers are sending someone out to take a look.
I must admit I am slightly OCD and warned them to make sure they did it properly as any flaws I would find them. I bet they wish I never had it done now !!!

#5 ·
Makes me laugh.

all these "ceramic" wonder products available. load of marketing cr*p.

having worked in R&D in the ceramic industry, statement of fact. ceramic is tough but not shiney. glazes and surface finishes are shiney and highly resistive (which is why your cups and plates can go in a dishwasher).
but statement of fact they will have been in a kiln to around 1000-1200 degrees centigrade.
It could be an enamel finish but that will still have had to go to 500+ degrees centigrade.
if you grind glazes and enamels they go milky in colour (and makes a great abrasive) and you will need some sort of adhesive to make it stick.

in fact you could use ground ceramic in car polish to remove the top oxidised layer. so go figure!

#6 ·
I did allow my dealer to apply this from new (20 months ago now) and for me it is working fine. Bugs are still easy to remove and water beads...

I normally don't buy this type of protection (it was bundled cheaply) as I prefer to use semi-professional products such as SwissWax and a process of claying, waxing and sealing twice a year - as I still do on my Golf GTI.

I know silver cars are easier to keep clean, but I think this coating is lasting well so far...and I only wash it about 6 times a year or so...

#7 ·
I had my previous car treated with Diamondbright and was never happy with it, it was useless. However, the car before that was treated with Supagard, and that was brilliant stuff. Dirt and insects just slid off it and I only ever washed it once a year. Whenever it rained it looked like it had just come out the showroom.

These days with modern paint finishes I don't think it's necessary.

I have found with the Cactus though that the dirt clings to the plastic areas and the car looks like it's been off roading. I think it's going to be high maintenance just to keep the plastic looking tidy.

#9 ·
Pre-delivery Motorpoint gave mine the Williams Synthetic Coat Clear Invisible Protection (no mention of Ceramics I add)
Brochure says "Lifetime Guarantee"
Fair enough T's & C's apply as it says and I guess only time will tell, but it's black and shiney at the mo'

Attachments

#12 ·
I was offered the same from motorpoint when I bought mine. Didn't see the point in getting a coating put on a second hand car that already has swirl marks from previous washes. I've decided I'll just give it a good wash and seal the paintwork myself before winter.

#13 ·
Since my previous post I now have my second Cactus, which has been treated with GardX and have to say it stays a lot cleaner than the previous untreated Cactus, especially the bumps nd other plastic bits. So my time cleaning has been cut down to practically zero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.