New doors

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Coypars

Re: New doors

Post by Coypars » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am

Car in today to body shop for doors,also mentioned recall for software update to be done.
Courtesy car C1 was not washed or hoovered, both footwells with grass and mud stains.Not impressed Arnold Clark Stirling,after receptionist said just take a seat in waiting area while we clean and Hoover car.

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Latest got a call today from Arnold Clark Citroen Stirling,fix delayed missing a part could be Monday or Wednesday of next week.Anyone tell me how long it took on their door fix ?

cactusjack

Post by cactusjack » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Duff Morgan had mine for 2 weeks, they took all the door parts off and put back on (check everything has gone back in place after). They even gave me a bottle of touch up aswell.
Yellow/black 17" black crosscuts Panoramic roof Habana interior Flair 110

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks cactusjack hope it's not two weeks they charging £12 a day insurance for courtesy car.And car had no rattles or squeaks when it went in so hopefully the same when I get it back.

cactusjack

Post by cactusjack » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Really?? My courtesy car ( brand new Peugeot 2008) didn't cost at all, just return with a bit of fuel. Cheeky that. Also check the door seal has been put back so the front end is very near the indent mark.

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Update picked up car late last night to dark to check,so on checking this morning only one door has been changed,other door has paint off inside of door through to bare metal where some of the rust was,another patch not touched.Straight back to Arnold Clark Stirling this morning more photos taken and apologies offered.Got to go through the same warranty process again.It is what it is just got to wait,not good enough though,also done an engine software update nxe, something to do with battery charging I was informed.On another note no charge was taken for courtesy car insurance which had been quoted previously at £12 a day.Every cloud has a silver lining.

Bewar3them00n

Post by Bewar3them00n » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Just put mine in for gearbox issues ( under warranty ) 2 recalls ( bonnet and software) showed the driver door bubbling on paintwork, got a call to say they're replacing 2 doors.
Do they actually replace the doors with matching ones, or respray/ repair the current?
Looks like I'm going to have to get the magnifying glass when this gets done to make sure everything is aligned!
1.2 PureTech (82bhp) Flair 5d Obsidian 17" Alloys

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

Only changed one door on mine as stated in previous post body shop had scraped rust off one patch down to bare metal and left other rust patch untouched on other door.Got an email from Arnold Clark requesting feedback on service.Well my feedback got a phone and email response,upshot is they only had it down to replace one door.Investigating and will call me back,looking to blame third party but if body shop was only instructed to change one door why did they scrape the rust off other door?Guy who phoned me was most apologetic but on listening to him he thought it was the blending in I was not happy about.So had to tell him what problem was and a member of his staff had taken photos,so will wait and see what occurs.Further updates to follow.

cactusjack

Post by cactusjack » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm
Just put mine in for gearbox issues ( under warranty ) 2 recalls ( bonnet and software) showed the driver door bubbling on paintwork, got a call to say they're replacing 2 doors.
Do they actually replace the doors with matching ones, or respray/ repair the current?
Looks like I'm going to have to get the magnifying glass when this gets done to make sure everything is aligned!
Mine (all 4) were new unpainted doors, body shop matched paint to other panels and sprayed.

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Latest from Arnold Clark Stirling,Picking up my car from home and leaving courtesy car on Monday.Couldn't tell me if door would be replaced or repaired but either would be covered by warranty from date of change or repair.We're most apologetic about the whole issue car should never been returned in that condition.

Return to “Faults & Technical”