Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Check your LED front lights!

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Primekart 
#1 ·
Five cars of some 250 members of the Citroen Cactus Owners Club in Israel were identified with LED headlights with cracked seats.
It should be noted that the fracture or crack is not caused by external shock, the fracture is probably caused by vibration.
The problem has been identified throughout the years of the model in Israel from 2015 to 2017.
It is worth noting that the importer replaces the LED headlights free of charge!
I will upload some pictures soon.

#6 ·
I looked at these on my car last night and they seemed fine. Took it in for first MOT (3 year) inspection and last service under warranty, and they want to replace these lights under warranty as they have condensation inside and as a result "flicker".

Guessing the plastic parts fail in warmer climates (and they are perforated to an extent), but the weather kills them in a completely different way in the damp and cold UK.

#7 ·
can I just ask, has any member experienced this kind of damage on their cactus. If so, how did you get it resolved?..I have had an identical problem that I paid for and have re taken it up with Citroen via the Dealer. Allegedly Citroen are denying they have ever had such a problem,as highlighted by Primekart (for which many thanks) with a Cactus in the UK..

Somehow I don`t believe them. Any experiences within the UK would be much appreciated..Thanks

#8 ·
The importer in Israel told me that "Citroen do not know of any major problem concerning the LED headlights, but any owner that can prove no external damage to the front of the car , will have his LED headlights changed, for no charge at all, under the warranty if they are cracked or fractured".
We know, till now, of some 10 members that had their LEDs changed under warranty, out of some 250 club members.
If the problem occurs in the UK also, then i believe that vibration, rather than heat, plays a major part here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.