Fault Code P15A8

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Nipidge

Fault Code P15A8

Post by Nipidge » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi everyone, my cactus (Flair 110 Petrol) has acquired a fault - P15A8. A garage has run a diagnostics check on the problem and the fault relates to: W Phase Motor Current Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

The reason for the diagnostics check was that the engine light appeared on the speed screen in orange, and on the main centre screen it states engine fault contact dealer. I have also had a warning to say the oil pressure is low and sometimes the STOP sign illuminates and the car goes into limp mode and has to be stopped, left and restarted.

The mechanic said today it could be a problem with the camshaft and that one of the cogs may be misaligned or the oil sack in the middle of the cogs may be leaking.

This is the third problem this car has had, it's a 65 plate with just over 53,000.00 on the clock. It is serviced regularly without fail and driven sympathetically.

Has anyone else has this kind of problem and if so how was it rectified. The mechanic has warned if it's a new camshaft then a large bill of £1,500.00 could be possible.

If anyone has any help and advice then anything would be greatly welcomed.

littlejim

Re: Fault Code P15A8

Post by littlejim » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 am

There is a technnical service bulletin for P15A8 combined with low oil pressure.

Checks are given for :

• The condition of the strainer of the oil pump
• The state of the oil filter of the vacuum pump
• The state of the filters of the 2 variable distribution solenoid valves

With recommendations :

Replacement:
• Vacuum pump (if necessary)
• Timing belt
• Lower oil sump (Only sheet metal version)
• Oil filter
• The hollow screw of the turbocharger oil connector and its seals

Cleaning :
• Oil pump strainer (if necessary)
• Filters of 2 variable distribution solenoid valves (if necessary)

see here (it's in french.... google translate may be useful)
http://citrotemp.cricou.net/C3II/tsb/Al ... 1P15A8.pdf
Shine 1.2 Pure Tech 110, Shark Grey

Nipidge

Post by Nipidge » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi littlejim,

Thank you so much for your help, I have managed to translate the document into English. It makes for interesting reading.

The car went into Citroen in September last year as there was a oil leak that was repaired under warranty. However, at the time this was done we had to have a new timing belt due to the oil spilling on to the belt, this we had to pay for. It sounds like this should have been picked up then by the Citroen garage.

The car is booked in tomorrow so hopefully should know more after that. I'll keep the forum informed in case someone has a similar issue.

Thank you again it's greatly appreciated.

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Interesting to read that you had to have the timing belt changed due to oil spilling on it. I thought the timing belts on Puretech engines run in oil

Nipidge

Post by Nipidge » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:16 am

My error, the auxiliary drive belt was replaced not the timing belt.