Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

**STICKY** - C4 Cactus - Replacement Wiper Blades

28K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Cactused 
#1 ·
Driving up the M5 last night was a real struggle in the rain and it was obvious that the time had come to get new wiper blades. Ive been thinking about getting replacements for a while and been looking on line in vain trying to find a suitable replacement set. Whilst I had found loads listed for the Cactus, technically they are not suitable as they do not have the unique Catus screen washer jet fitment.

So a trip to the dealer this morning for a set of replacement blades:

So for everyones reference
1 x 1611870880 @ £18.61
Font Receipt Gas Drink Event

1 x 1611870780 @ £24.22
Font Event Receipt Carmine Temperature

Total Goods 42.83
VAT £8.56
Total £51.39

Swapping them over is very easy:

Step 1 - Park the wiper blades - Switch ignition on and off press down on wiper stalk
Step 2 - Gently remove the washer feed pipe from the wiper blade
Step 3 - Pull forward the blade arm
Step 4 - Depress tabs and pull off wiper blade and hinge/mount from arm.
Step 5 - Push new blade on until you hear a "CLICK"
Step 6 - Refit Washer feed pipe.

Box instructions below...
Automotive parking light Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Black Art Font Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive design Automotive tire Font Ring binder Art

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Blimey that's pricey for wiper blades. These are things we don't think about when looking at getting a new car.

Wonder how much the physically challenged rear wiper costs.

Just checked Halfrauds and the rear is £12, £8 on Fleabay.

#5 ·
IIRC there is a Bosch blade for the rear. The problem with the front replacement is the lack of washer jet.

I've not had a chance yet but will take one of the old ones apart and see if it's possible to retro fit the washer onto a cheaper new blade. First impressions is that the blade is quite narrow compared to others I've used in the past.

#7 ·
Jukebox said:
Once out of warranty I'd be thinking about re-working the plumbing and fitting a bonnet jet. Shouldn't be too difficult and definately cheaper. What, me tight?
You'd need to fit a larger reservoir too if you did that.

#11 ·
JohnYoung said:
Good handy post but the price :shock: absolutely ridiculous, they are taking peoples eyes out as they know we cannot use any other cheaper blades :evil:
Trouble is, from what I can make out, it is a design which is specific to only the Cactus. There is no incentive for other blade manufacturers to invest in development costs on what will be a small return.

Other cars have wiper mounted washers but use different methods to deliver the fluid. Mercedes do a set but didn't bother checking any further as their cost immediately negated any further investigation.

#12 ·
Hello all,

I needed to replace my wipers and like many of you balked at the price of the replacements. I purchased a tool that lets you shave off the edge of your wiper blade in order to renew the wiping surface, I thought it would be a bit naff but I would be replacing the wipers anyway if it didnt work. However, it works very well! I did it about a year ago and the wipers are still in good condition, so I can definitely recommend this little gizmo.

Its called the ECOCUT pro: https://ecocut-pro.de/en/, and you basically run it along the wiper blade with a little soapy water and it shaves off a thin strip consisting of the degraded wiper edge. Apparently you can do it up to twice per wiper blade, I havent yet had to do the second time though.

Hope this helps!

#19 ·
Had mine done on Friday at my local dealer for a penny under £30..Supplied and fitted and a pukka Citroen part. Although mine are just over 2 years old you could tell the difference straight away, and looking at the change in weather, for once, my timing was right :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.