Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

New doors

68K views 110 replies 31 participants last post by  Poacher 
#1 ·
While in for a service and the recall for the air con today , I mentioned that I had noticed rust starting to form along all the inside of the doors. It is mostly along the bottoms and around the wheel arch areas. When I came to pick it up I was told that Citroen would replace all four doors :shock: Has any one else had their doors replaced because of this ?

#7 ·
Put my deposit down today, dealer going to service and report door corrosion I found on this one. Hopefully it will all get resolved under warranty ;-) .
Thanks to this site that I knew about the issue and checked all 4 doors 3 out of 4 affected...sales person I had didn't know about issue...he certainly does now :)

#8 ·
As long as it still has Citroens 3 year body warranty you should, like me, be ok. Thought I would ask and the dealer got the ok from Citroen within a few hours. I did ask the dealer if they had anyone else with this problem but he said I was the first to report this. Glad that you could raise the issue as well.

#9 ·
The sales guy is going to show the warranty chap this coming week so hopefully he'll have some news before collection day.

So you know if citroen are modifying the doors or treating then differently or simply replacing for a quick fix. My concerns are even if they swap the doors could the corrosion return within a couple of years :-(

#11 ·
No issues with the bonnet or boot, well not on mine, only found the door issues when I gave the car a good detail clean and polish. I was told the doors were to be replaced so not sure if any difference. I will then keep a close eye on it but will put some protection on it myself, just for peace of mind.

#13 ·
ThePreacher said:
Just a thought, I didn't check...... but wondered if anyone else has the issue on the boot lid and/or bonnet?
The bonnet is made of aluminium so salt corrosion could occur, but not seen any reports. However, a number of people have found when manually lifting the wiper blades that its rather too easy to catch the wiper arm on the rear bonnet edge and scrape the paint there...So beware of that issue.

There has also been a safety recall for some vehicles associated with the bonnet release mechanism not reliably holding the bonnet down.
All recalls relating to vehicle safety issues can be found at this DVSA website
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp?tx=
NOTE - strange quirk in the DVSA search engine : if you search for Citroen Cactus you may not be shown all the recalls if they also apply to another Citroen model; seems better to just search for Citroen and then look through to spot the Cactus ones listed with the others...
The relevant vehicle details are by date of manufacture and the VIN ...

#14 ·
davew said:
However, a number of people have found when manually lifting the wiper blades that its rather too easy to catch the wiper arm on the rear bonnet edge and scrape the paint there...So beware of that issue.
If you park the wiper blades (push down on wiper stalk) this won't happen.

#16 ·
BristolRich said:
If you park the wiper blades (push down on wiper stalk) this won't happen.
The advice given in the User handbook states this :

"Any action on the wiper stalk within one minute after switching off the ignition, places the wiper blades vertically on the screen.

This position permits release of the windscreen wiper blades. It is used for cleaning or replacement of the wiper blades. It can also be useful, in winter, to release the wiper blades from the windscreen.

To park the wiper blades again, switch on the ignition and operate the wiper stalk."

#17 ·
Got mine new in April 2016 - 14,500 miles and no sign of any corrosion anywhere, bottom of doors, bottlid, bonnet...

#20 ·
The protection I mentioned is purely applying a protective layer of wax over all the seals. Trouble is if the corrosion has already started under the paint it will not do any good so will just have to keep an eye on it. Some pics of my corrosion. The worst one is actually the drivers door

Passenger door

Drivers door

#24 ·
Hello
Earlier this year i notice some rust and of painting on the doors, i went to citroen, and the solution was to leave the car there and paint that parts.
Two weeks later i received a call from citroen, to say that he would have to replace all the doors.
I suposed that was a problem in some cars that they already knew, but citroen is not making a recall

My cactus is from 2015

#26 ·
ThePreacher said:
Immamao, how did you contact citroen was it through a dealer or did you do this directly, if so via what method ?
Cheers
It was throught a dealer, i went to an oficcial citroen repair shop.
The mechanic said that they will sand the surface where there was a lack of ink and painting over that parts.
Two or three weeks after they made the work, I was contacted by the dealer, saying that they need to change all doors because the problem, soon or later, would appear again.

I remember to google for people with same problem, even here, but don't find anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.