New doors

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Cactus74

Re: New doors

Post by Cactus74 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 pm

I’m a Service Manager in a Citroen dealer and can confirm that once corrosion is identified and pictures submitted with a full estimate including all trims etc., they will approve full replacement. I have so far not been instructed to repair any doors.

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Just quoted what service manager told me on phone that either a door replacement or repair would be covered by a warranty.He obviously didn't know which was going to be done.I will just have to wait and see.

Coypars

Post by Coypars » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Just got car back after being at Arnold Clark's Stirling for 17 days courtesy car provided,that's the two doors with rust both renewed.I don't know why only one was done the first time,lack of communication was mentioned.Anyway all's well that ends well.

R380

Post by R380 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:19 am

My 2016 Blue HDi Flair has the rusting door problem also. It is metallic white so the rust appears very obviously . This is very disappointing . Going to the dealer on Monday to discuss. My other car is a '05 Subaru Legacy Estate with intergalactic mileage and it has no corrosion issues.!!! QA in Spain must be below par. The forum has been really useful in raising this unfortunate issue.

george0083

Post by george0083 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 am

Really i can understand. My doors had all rusting problem. My dealer replaced all doors and then the problems began. They fixed them 5 times from then and all tomes like now at two front doors at the edge of the airbumps the paint was broken after two weeks after the painting. I really dont know what to do

R380

Post by R380 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Update on Rusting doors...

3 new doors will be ordered ,painted ( That could be an adventure ) and fitted under warranty. When the helpful dealer was on the phone to Citroen warranty I inspected a new yellow HDI Flair in the show room . Sure enough , paint bubbles and irregularities were clearly visible on the lower lip of the passenger and left hand side rear door ,a sure precursor to corrosion . The dealer also has a KIA franchise . Parked adjacent to the cactus was a Kia Stonic. As a Citroen fan it was dispiriting to compare the two cars and the obvious disparity in quality.

Return to “Faults & Technical”