Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

A new campaign - TSB to change spark plugs

18K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  Cylvabirch 
#1 ·
Citroen has issued a silent campaign to change spark plugs of Puretech engines.
Cacti scheduled for annual service are getting new spark plugs for free, courtesy of the manufacturer.
I guess that Citroen has accumulated enough complaints worldwide concerning engine rattling,

#9 ·
No. The bonnet latch was a safety recall obligatory by law to be advertised.
All manufacturers send worldwide hundreds of Technical Service Bulletins per year. Ie TSB. Some of them are requesting the dealer to send you a letter and invite you for the service. Some of them are carried out when you enter annually for your Service. Thus it is called by the garage insiders a silent campaign.

#11 ·
sjhaycroft said:
So what if your car is going in for another reason aside from service I.e a fault. Will they pipe up and say the spark plugs are gonna be changed at citroens expense ?
Judging by some of the posts from owner/ drivers over the past few years, some dealers seem to know less than readers of the forum. I suggest that you raise the issue so they can find and read the TSB before they start work.

#12 ·
Yes. When ever there is a campaign concerning your VIN, that will "illuminate" a flag on your dealer 's computer and he will have to carry it out and announce the manufacturer accordingly, regardless of the reason for which you've entered the garage for.

#16 ·
sjhaycroft said:
Took my car into a citroen dealer for a few issues including the intermitteht misfire issues that a few people on these forums have had. I asked about this TSB and the technician confirmed but also said the change is at a cost to the vehicle owner as it's serviceable item.
Doesn't seem as though the UK dealers are following what my understanding of the process means, as described in a previous post on this topic , ie

"When ever there is a campaign concerning your VIN, that will "illuminate" a flag on your dealer 's computer and he will have to carry it out and announce the manufacturer accordingly"

#17 ·
Dropped my car into robins and day today for various faults. The service advisor checked for any recalls on the system and said there weren't any. I then said are there any bulletins? She said no to which I said are you sure about that. Anyways she checked with someone in the back ( I'm guessing technician ) she then gets 3 print outs. So yes 3 bulletins for my cactus which she claimed came onto the system 25 mins ago. I obviously asked what they were for. 1. For ignition. 2. Spark plug fouling and 3. Engine oil. She also added that an engine light needs to be on for them to do anything about these which I call B S on.

#18 ·
sjhaycroft said:
Dropped my car into robins and day today for various faults. The service advisor checked for any recalls on the system and said there weren't any. I then said are there any bulletins? She said no to which I said are you sure about that. Anyways she checked with someone in the back ( I'm guessing technician ) she then gets 3 print outs. So yes 3 bulletins for my cactus which she claimed came onto the system 25 mins ago. I obviously asked what they were for. 1. For ignition. 2. Spark plug fouling and 3. Engine oil. She also added that an engine light needs to be on for them to do anything about these which I call B S on.
That attitude is rather disappointing. I suppose you could query these issues with Citroen UK but somehow wouldn't be surprised if they are not very informative.
Over time in these forums I've noticed a number of criticisms of the attitude of the larger dealers for dealing with technical issues , but don't think it is restricted to just Citroen.
I recall years ago being advised by an elderly relative that complaints about car problems should be routed via the sales department, who will have more interest in the possibility, or otherwise, of future sales than the service section...

#19 ·
Citroens attitude is worse you're right. I have a complaint case open with them which I've kept up to date. I updated it today asking what these bulletins were about and if they are related to my misfire issue. They in a roundabout way said there are no bulletins even though it just messaged them informing them of what robins and day said about the 3.

#20 ·
sjhaycroft said:
Citroens attitude is worse you're right. I have a complaint case open with them which I've kept up to date. I updated it today asking what these bulletins were about and if they are related to my misfire issue. They in a roundabout way said there are no bulletins even though it just messaged them informing them of what robins and day said about the 3.
I wonder if they would respond to a direct question asking them to explain why their standard of customer service is much worse than for a Cactus Owner in Israel...who I notice also recently reported that the cracking of some rear brake light housings have been attributed to faulty gas struts for the rear hatch and have been replaced under warranty.

#22 ·
sjhaycroft said:
Is that just on the light at the top in the centre? As my back passenger side light unit has chipped off in the corner where the boot would meet it. No sign of any damage else where in the area so definitely not been bumped in a car park.
I was mentioning the issue and resolution of it, from this thread https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3431, as another indication of what seems to be a better rapport between dealers and customers, in comparison with your experience in the UK.

#24 ·
I have just changed all three of the ignition coils on my wife's 2014 Cactus after one of them caused a fault message on the screen that Green Flag diagnosed for me. Their technician told me that once one has failed the others will follow shortly afterwards.
While changing the coils I thought it would be prudent to change the plugs. How right I was! The car has covered 22,000 miles and the plugs I replaced were utterly finished. I have never seen plugs in such a poor state.
At what mileage or age are they supposed to be replaced? The car has always been serviced from new by Citroen agents or dealers, and this is the first time we have ever had any sort of problem with it.
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.