A new campaign - TSB to change spark plugs

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
davew

Re: A new campaign - TSB to change spark plugs

Post by davew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 pm

sjhaycroft wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm
So what if your car is going in for another reason aside from service I.e a fault. Will they pipe up and say the spark plugs are gonna be changed at citroens expense ?
Judging by some of the posts from owner/ drivers over the past few years, some dealers seem to know less than readers of the forum. I suggest that you raise the issue so they can find and read the TSB before they start work.

Primekart

Post by Primekart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Yes. When ever there is a campaign concerning your VIN, that will "illuminate" a flag on your dealer 's computer and he will have to carry it out and announce the manufacturer accordingly, regardless of the reason for which you've entered the garage for.
1.2 Puretech 110 Turbo Red with Black Airbumps and Habana interior
www.facebook.com/groups/CitroenCactusClubIL

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:10 am

Also to add to your initial post. Is engine rattle that sound you hear only when accelerating and only really when the windows are down? It's hard to describe the actual sound.

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Took my car into a citroen dealer for a few issues including the intermitteht misfire issues that a few people on these forums have had. I asked about this TSB and the technician confirmed but also said the change is at a cost to the vehicle owner as it's serviceable item.

Primekart

Post by Primekart » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:27 pm

NOT in Israel!
1.2 Puretech 110 Turbo Red with Black Airbumps and Habana interior
www.facebook.com/groups/CitroenCactusClubIL

davew

Post by davew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:47 pm

sjhaycroft wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 pm
Took my car into a citroen dealer for a few issues including the intermitteht misfire issues that a few people on these forums have had. I asked about this TSB and the technician confirmed but also said the change is at a cost to the vehicle owner as it's serviceable item.
Doesn't seem as though the UK dealers are following what my understanding of the process means, as described in a previous post on this topic , ie

"When ever there is a campaign concerning your VIN, that will "illuminate" a flag on your dealer 's computer and he will have to carry it out and announce the manufacturer accordingly"

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Dropped my car into robins and day today for various faults. The service advisor checked for any recalls on the system and said there weren't any. I then said are there any bulletins? She said no to which I said are you sure about that. Anyways she checked with someone in the back ( I'm guessing technician ) she then gets 3 print outs. So yes 3 bulletins for my cactus which she claimed came onto the system 25 mins ago. I obviously asked what they were for. 1. For ignition. 2. Spark plug fouling and 3. Engine oil. She also added that an engine light needs to be on for them to do anything about these which I call B S on.

davew

Post by davew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:51 pm

sjhaycroft wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:30 pm
Dropped my car into robins and day today for various faults. The service advisor checked for any recalls on the system and said there weren't any. I then said are there any bulletins? She said no to which I said are you sure about that. Anyways she checked with someone in the back ( I'm guessing technician ) she then gets 3 print outs. So yes 3 bulletins for my cactus which she claimed came onto the system 25 mins ago. I obviously asked what they were for. 1. For ignition. 2. Spark plug fouling and 3. Engine oil. She also added that an engine light needs to be on for them to do anything about these which I call B S on.
That attitude is rather disappointing. I suppose you could query these issues with Citroen UK but somehow wouldn't be surprised if they are not very informative.
Over time in these forums I've noticed a number of criticisms of the attitude of the larger dealers for dealing with technical issues , but don't think it is restricted to just Citroen.
I recall years ago being advised by an elderly relative that complaints about car problems should be routed via the sales department, who will have more interest in the possibility, or otherwise, of future sales than the service section...

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Citroens attitude is worse you're right. I have a complaint case open with them which I've kept up to date. I updated it today asking what these bulletins were about and if they are related to my misfire issue. They in a roundabout way said there are no bulletins even though it just messaged them informing them of what robins and day said about the 3.

davew

Post by davew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 pm

sjhaycroft wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:24 pm
Citroens attitude is worse you're right. I have a complaint case open with them which I've kept up to date. I updated it today asking what these bulletins were about and if they are related to my misfire issue. They in a roundabout way said there are no bulletins even though it just messaged them informing them of what robins and day said about the 3.
I wonder if they would respond to a direct question asking them to explain why their standard of customer service is much worse than for a Cactus Owner in Israel...who I notice also recently reported that the cracking of some rear brake light housings have been attributed to faulty gas struts for the rear hatch and have been replaced under warranty.