Rear Window Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
lcfcstephen

Rear Window Issue

Post by lcfcstephen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere of if this is the wrong place. I've had my cactus for over a year, and now my rear windows are rattling. It seems the be that the screw that holds the connector to the window has started to become loose. I'm imaging that there is a screw underneath the panel, but I can't figure out how to open it to be able to screw it to stop it rattling.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing something easy to get this open to screw it up? The left window is really quite loose, but the right window is starting to get loose.

Thank you

IMG_20180902_195459.jpg

IMG_20180902_195450.jpg

Evilpaul

Re: Rear Window Issue

Post by Evilpaul » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Not dismantled one myself, but here is the image from the Citroen service website. Hopefully it might give you a clue as to how it all fits together.

rear_window.png

PureTech 110 Flair, Sport Red, Sunroof, Black Leather, Red Mirrors, Red Decal

davew

Post by davew » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:04 pm

lcfcstephen wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:07 pm
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere of if this is the wrong place. I've had my cactus for over a year, and now my rear windows are rattling. It seems the be that the screw that holds the connector to the window has started to become loose. I'm imaging that there is a screw underneath the panel, but I can't figure out how to open it to be able to screw it to stop it rattling.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing something easy to get this open to screw it up? The left window is really quite loose, but the right window is starting to get loose.

Thank you
This thread might be useful...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3192&p=22748

harrybrannigan

Post by harrybrannigan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:20 am

Hi ICF Steven if you haven't already fixed this I had the same problem and thanks to the post with diagram by EvilPaul, thanks by the way Paul, I have with little effort, fixed the window! :D Its fiddly but actually quite straightforward. I gently removed the cover from the hinge with a flat headed screwdriver, the cover releases on the right side as you look at it from the inside of the car, and the bolt was fully off the screw part on mine. I then lined up the bolt with the hole on the hinge to the screw part on the window, and then using a socket tool tightened the nut, and as Paul said dont over tighten, and then gently clipped the cover back on the hinge facing the same way as I took it off lining the legs of the cover up with the hinge to make sure they didnt snap off! All done! :) Good luck Steven, and thanks again EvilPaul. H