How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Post Reply
Blackcat13
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am

How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by Blackcat13 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 am

Hi, a few weeks ago I bought a 2014 CACTUS 1.6 BLUE-HDI FEEL, and the heating seems to be luke warm, even on full blast, is this usual, or do you think I have a fault? Many Thanks for any help I receive.

User avatar
srperry
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:00 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by srperry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm

I'd say you have a fault. Mine gets toasty hot and even too hot to bear if I want.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

jacques38
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:05 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by jacques38 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Idem pour moi! ;)

Blackcat13
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by Blackcat13 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

thanks- I will have to contact the garage already, I only got in on the 5th January :-(

Rubik
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by Rubik » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Blackcat13 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 am
Hi, a few weeks ago I bought a 2014 CACTUS 1.6 BLUE-HDI FEEL, and the heating seems to be luke warm, even on full blast, is this usual, or do you think I have a fault? Many Thanks for any help I receive.
I didn’t know the air con heated the car, mine went hot when it wasn’t working. Otherwise the heating on hot gets very hot, in fact stuffy so you have to open the windows.

The cooling side of the air con has gone wrong on several occasions when I just hear a hiss.

Rubik
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by Rubik » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 pm

srperry wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm
I'd say you have a fault. Mine gets toasty hot and even too hot to bear if I want.
I’ve had my C4 Cactus 4 years. Are you saying the air con heats the car as well as cooling it? :?:

The2ems
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by The2ems » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Rubik wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 pm
srperry wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm
I'd say you have a fault. Mine gets toasty hot and even too hot to bear if I want.
I’ve had my C4 Cactus 4 years. Are you saying the air con heats the car as well as cooling it? :?:
Isn’t that climate control?
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

User avatar
srperry
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:00 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by srperry » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Yes it is! :)
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Type28
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:08 am

Re: How hot does the air con heating get on a 2014 Cactus?

Post by Type28 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am

Hi,

How did you get on with getting your heater fixed?- I have had problems with mine since purchased new in 2015- its going in again for more recall work and I want them to check the heater- they keep telling me its fine, but after 40 minutes the air is just warm and I have to wear gloves to keep my hands warm when driving in cold weather- never had a car with such a poor heater!

Post Reply