Loss of power (and brakes)

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Simps

Loss of power (and brakes)

Post by Simps » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:00 pm

So, this is very odd...

It’s my wife’s car, she called me to say that the car was losing power at above 30mph or so.

Upon testing myself it felt like the turbo wasn’t doing it’s job, the car was ok to about 30mph at light throttle openings, pressing on a little brought a warning about an engine fault and the orange engine light.

The car never really gets out of town and properly hot so I took it for a decent run.

After around 10 miles or so, the car “coughed” and the STOP sign came up and on the screen it said stop and visit dealer.

I pulled over stopped the car and pulled the key out for a few mins, upon restarting the engine light was on from the start and I found that I seemed to have no brake servo assistance. I drove it (carefully) to my local garage who read a number of fault codes as attached

Has anyone any ideas???

image.jpg

Thanks in advance

Simon (and the missis)

davew

Re: Loss of power (and brakes)

Post by davew » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Simps wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:00 pm
So, this is very odd...

It’s my wife’s car, she called me to say that the car was losing power at above 30mph or so.

Upon testing myself it felt like the turbo wasn’t doing it’s job, the car was ok to about 30mph at light throttle openings, pressing on a little brought a warning about an engine fault and the orange engine light.

The car never really gets out of town and properly hot so I took it for a decent run.

After around 10 miles or so, the car “coughed” and the STOP sign came up and on the screen it said stop and visit dealer.

I pulled over stopped the car and pulled the key out for a few mins, upon restarting the engine light was on from the start and I found that I seemed to have no brake servo assistance. I drove it (carefully) to my local garage who read a number of fault codes as attached

Has anyone any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Simon (and the missis)
The error code report seem to have two permanent faults - one stating lubrication pressure is greater than setting and the other mentions the brake servo sensor.
The lubrication error could be indicative of the oil pressure relief valve not operating, which could imply a sludge build up - seems possible since you suggest the car rarely goes for long runs. You haven't mentioned the vehicle history in terms of age / mileage / service records and there could be some other explanation...

The brake sensor error code might somehow be linked in the way the error codes are reported or could be a separate issue.

I think a dealer would probably be best for dealing with these and also clearing the temporary errors.

Simps

Re: Loss of power (and brakes)

Post by Simps » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reply

It’s a 2015 1.2 110 S/S with 43k miles in the clock, just out of warranty by 6 months. Serviced by non franchised garages with genuine parts.

My mechanic has the dedicated Citroen reader and will plug it in on Monday.

I was wondering if anyone had come across anything similar?