New owner-potential engine problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
jpgreenwood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by jpgreenwood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Im about to pick up a 2014 1.6hdi Blue Feel (43k miles). On the test drive, the engine warning fault came on as I returned to the garage . Its a small family run car dealership (UK).
The salesman put on the diagnostic computer and cleared the fault, stating that its probably because the car has been stood for a couple of weeks.
I rang them today and he said they have given the car a good run out, topped up the adblue and diesel, and charged the battery. They have then took the car to the Citroen dealership who have tested the system and all fault codes are clear. They state that if there was a major problem with the system, then the fault code would not clear.

Does this sound right? I have a 6 month warranty with the car and the garage has a good reputation. I have asked if any future faults would be covered under the warranty and he says that he will fix any problems without question

jpgreenwood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by jpgreenwood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Picked the car up and drove it 40 miles home. No issues. Fingers crossed.

jpgreenwood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by jpgreenwood » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 am

Engine fault light back on this morning. Fault code P2202-Nox sensor circuit low-Bank 1. Any advice please?

DavidP
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by DavidP » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:44 pm

I think you might have answered your own question in the last paragraph of your post. i.e 6 month warranty. I'd get it back to the garage ASAP and get them to fix it under warranty. I've done some research and these sensors can be a bit pricey i.e 100 quid. Good luck

Rubik
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by Rubik » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:57 am

jpgreenwood wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 am
Engine fault light back on this morning. Fault code P2202-Nox sensor circuit low-Bank 1. Any advice please?
I had the same issue, NOX sensor (£250). The part needed an additional ECU download, the whole thing was expensive.

Have a look at my bill. I have fallen out of love with my bloody expensive to maintain Cactus which has covered 43,220 miles.

Service p2.jpg

Service p1.jpg


jpgreenwood
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by jpgreenwood » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm

I took the car back to the garage this morning an he is getting the sensor replaced Monday. I have a fiat punto courtesy car. Fingers crossed the sensor is the only problem.

daz8000
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 am

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by daz8000 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 am

Take out an extended parts warranty I've seen this problem in my searches also the adblu tank is a common failure the pump on mine went just after the warranty ended. £800+ to replace because they will only sell with the tank attached despite the tank being ok. Urea warning light emissions fault, cars gonna stop in 600 miles so got no choice commute 150 miles a week to work.

Soured the car for me a little bit tbh

Rubik
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by Rubik » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:45 pm

daz8000 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 am
Take out an extended parts warranty I've seen this problem in my searches also the adblu tank is a common failure the pump on mine went just after the warranty ended. £800+ to replace because they will only sell with the tank attached despite the tank being ok. Urea warning light emissions fault, cars gonna stop in 600 miles so got no choice commute 150 miles a week to work.

Soured the car for me a little bit tbh
Don't despair, out of warrantee? get straight onto Citroen (UK), don't delay.
My Citroen is 5 years old and I am having no end of faults. I complain and complain. They have given me yet another partial refund.
The problem is the Cactus isn't one of their better models, too much to go wrong, fallen out of love with my Cactus. Even my dealership has fallen out of love with me, they want me to go elsewhere. One problem here, nobody in the UK knows how to do a good job on Citroens. They are all overpriced and the issues still come back.

David35
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by David35 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:26 am

People are panicking to much just as I did when urea, engine and service light showed up, car went into service mode with code U029d and P2200, ecu lost connection with nox sensor a.
Cost of repairs possibly thousands,
I know a bit about cars but not electronics, located nox sensor a under car, moved wires the ones that are connected to circuit box the one nox sensor a is connected to, and guess what?
Went back into car started the engine and no faults came up.

What I have learned is that if you get error anything to do with nox sensors, just locate them, there are three in cactus hdi 2015, take look at wires if aren't broken, unplug and plug again wires or even just move them a bit, it may work just the way it did for me before going to dealers and spending lots of money.

Not very bright French have installed circuit board for nox sensor a directly under the car, where there are gallons of water pouring against it, very very stupid.

User avatar
srperry
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:00 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK

Re: New owner-potential engine problem?

Post by srperry » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm

Rubik wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:45 pm
daz8000 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 am
Take out an extended parts warranty I've seen this problem in my searches also the adblu tank is a common failure the pump on mine went just after the warranty ended. £800+ to replace because they will only sell with the tank attached despite the tank being ok. Urea warning light emissions fault, cars gonna stop in 600 miles so got no choice commute 150 miles a week to work.

Soured the car for me a little bit tbh
Don't despair, out of warrantee? get straight onto Citroen (UK), don't delay.
My Citroen is 5 years old and I am having no end of faults. I complain and complain. They have given me yet another partial refund.
The problem is the Cactus isn't one of their better models, too much to go wrong, fallen out of love with my Cactus. Even my dealership has fallen out of love with me, they want me to go elsewhere. One problem here, nobody in the UK knows how to do a good job on Citroens. They are all overpriced and the issues still come back.
I was very happy with mine for the three years I owned it - no faults at all and just the safety recall for the bonnet catch. My dealer is very good (I've been with them for almost thirty years) and I highly recommend them for any Citroen work or any other make. And they don't charge Citroen prices for labour. AE Wilcox in Wickwar, Gloucestershire.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Post Reply