Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Fuses. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

7K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CactiBhoy 
#1 ·
Had to replace the fuse that makes my *** lighter socket work ( 12v socket in 20-`s talk) not only was it excluded from the handbook I received, never told me where it was, what fuse box, what number the fuse. So went here.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1145369/Citro-N-C4-Cactus.html

And it helped massively and is probably from Citroen, but has not given to joe public :roll: .

Back to the fuse removal/replacement. To access the fuse you have to remove the left side plastic cover (that the fuse removing tool is on), under the glovey and wade through three bunches of loom, even then I could not access the fuse with the little plastic blue fuse removing tool, until I got my long suffering wife out to assist me. Even then, she could not get to it too, even though her hands are much smaller than mines.

Eventually she asked me to get my long handled snipe nosed pliers, and bobs your auntie she not only removed the fuse (the red one between the two light blues ones), but replaced it . Hood Automotive tire Steering wheel Vehicle Audio equipment

She admitted that " it was like threading a needle, upside down in your back pocket in the dark" :p

Now it works again.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You might be interested that Citroen have never produced an English manual for the 2016 Cactus.

I have raised an official complaint (in December 19) with the Motor Industry Ombudsman to force them to release a full maintenance and service manual in English. Citroen apparently refused to give a positive response to the MIO. So, I have been informed, the complaint has now gone to Peugeot, the parent company.

Following an EU regulation in 2014 ALL motor manufacturers are obliged to provide a publicly available full service and maintenance manual for ALL models they produce. Looks like Citroen are the only manufacturer that has refused to comply. I am positive we will get a manual in English. However, it may come after all the cars are no longer in existence!

I'll never buy another Citroen !

Mark

#4 ·
I don"t blame Citroen for making the first line cactus (still the same C3,4 platform one with a face and ass lift) As its made to cost. I like my cars to have a half decent book all about how to take it to bits and back together again. with lots of anorak facts and figures, and shi7e. Haynes don"t do one. I think someone does a good one on disk that Citroen garages can access.

But unless I know someone in the know I`m fuc&ed. So me being me :ugeek: I just took it to bits when something gubbs up, and then fix it with my socket set, wobbley pliers, chisels, battery drill and punch set. :lol: :lol:

Won"t ever buy a new car, as this is my last ever car. couldn"t have picked a better one. See in ten year or so, how it has fared with the climate up here in Scotland. As it does kill all machinery.

#5 ·
The2ems said:
*** lighter socket? That's novel. I've only got a 12v socket in mine :lol:
How do you stop kids or adults fighting in the back, if you can"t burn little circles in their foreheads then. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#8 ·
Mike66 said:
Nothing wrong with the Scottish climate ..... just the wrong clothes and poor vehicle designs :D
Scottylands nice if you don"t go outside, brutal if you wander in all weathers cycling in the winter ;)

Road salt it gets into everything :cry: , just like my auld great uncle told me about desert warfare " The soddin sand gets every place :lol: " So you covered your man-parts in grease and wore a kilt :roll: . My pushbike also has begun to froth from a saltie winter soak. Even though I hosed it after my most recent ride :eek:

#10 ·
Most of my Pre 1982 Fiats came to me as piles of shi7e that lay in folks backyards and driveways, I took them apart and built together again. Sold it on, went back and continued the trend. Cheap to buy (as you point out) cheap for spares, engines are unburstable if treated nicely and serviced. But most of mine were treated to the adage " put oil into the engine when the light came on". Their loss my gain.

Wouldn" t buy one, wouldn"t stop anyone from purchasing one. My old 98 Punto had a engine from the late sixties, that Fiat put a ohc head on and injected it. My Stilo had a 1.4 engine from the late seventies that Fiat put a twin cam head on and injected it, and as you can see, are still selling it. But now back to a bravo brava again. Mr Angellis sons and daughters are loaded because of it. And fiats racing division called FERRARI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.