Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Markaren76

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by Markaren76 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Lots of info on here in this subject
You can, and I did, download the update for free using a 16gb usb stick.
Don’t pay the garage a rediculous amount of money for next to nothing at all. The process really is quite straight forward

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:52 pm

The update software is on the citroen website. You may not find the exact car so I suggest clicking on a Citroen C4 Picasso . The software is the same and worked perfectly for me
Hope this helps

Mopatops

Post by Mopatops » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Markaren76 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:52 pm
The update software is on the citroen website. You may not find the exact car so I suggest clicking on a Citroen C4 Picasso . The software is the same and worked perfectly for me
Hope this helps
Can you provide a link to the firmware download? All I can find are the map and speed camera updates.
Thanks.
Steve.

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:06 pm

Try this its in my DropBox account
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6wxal5mk0c5t ... R2.7z?dl=0

Mark

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Don't worry about looking for other software. there isn't any. this contains the lot. Or at least all you need to fix the issue.

Once downloaded. transfer it to a (min 16gb) USB stick. Go sit in the car and get comfy. Start the car up and plug in the USB and follow the instructions. DO NOT turn the car off, or drive while it is downloading. This is important. It could take up to 30 mins to transfer. It will reboot when ready.

DO NOT leave your car alone with the engine running. Or you could just lose your car! unless its in a secure area.

There is no quick way

Good luck

Mark

Mopatops

Post by Mopatops » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Markaren76 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:11 pm
Don't worry about looking for other software. there isn't any. this contains the lot. Or at least all you need to fix the issue.

Once downloaded. transfer it to a (min 16gb) USB stick. Go sit in the car and get comfy. Start the car up and plug in the USB and follow the instructions. DO NOT turn the car off, or drive while it is downloading. This is important. It could take up to 30 mins to transfer. It will reboot when ready.

DO NOT leave your car alone with the engine running. Or you could just lose your car! unless its in a secure area.

There is no quick way

Good luck

Mark
Thanks for the link and instructions. I was hoping it would be more official from the Citroen website. Any other link is technically a pirate version of the firmware, which a lot of people won't be happy using. Is it actually available at all from the Citroen website, or are the only copies from people who have kindly uploaded them?

Cheers

Steve

bmacdee

Post by bmacdee » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:37 am

Just a quick update to say switching to FM has, for the last few weeks, completely halted the switching off and on again torture, mine was also doing it every 4 mins. However, I miss 6Music!! I was so excited to have a car with DAB radio but now it seems defunct...

This morning the screen did a switch off and re-boot despite being on FM (as far as I can tell) - so this is a worrying new development!

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm

I updated the software AND tuned off from BBC DAB for a week. then I retuned back to DAB (clearly with the software already updated.) I've had no issue since.
I prefer 4 Extra!

Mark

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 pm

Ive been contacting Citroen. Peugeot (parent Company) AND even the Motor Industry Ombudsman regarding the lack of freely available workshop manual as required by the EU following their own legislative changes of 2016.
Citroen in my opinion is totally uninterested in any customer (although it could potentially be just the UK!!). Peugeot offers only cursory responses and the appointed Champion the Motor Industry Ombudsman has no interest in any consumer interest activity.

My point being do not wait for anything from Citroen as far as customer service. You might also want to look at https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults
to see if you have any outstanding product and even critical safety recalls on your vehicle. they don't tell you unless you ask.

Mark