Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
pjvader

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by pjvader » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:03 pm

https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/i ... 181/page-3
They are having the same problem with the peugeot's that use the same radio, they also seem to think it could be bbc dab stations, mine was on 4extra when it cut out, but also cuts out when using spotify via iphone that is plugged in via the usb cable, but..... It would have still been set to 4extra in the background :ugeek: i have a long journey tomorrow so i will change the station then plug into spotify to see if that changes anything

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:03 pm

What is really confusing about this is that it only seems to be affecting 2016 cars. I have no issue with my 2015 C4 Picasso or our 2019 C£, although it did reboot once in the middle of a journey in Germany and I wasn't using any audio at the time. (Mind you, you cannot switch the radio off, you can only mute it)

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 am

How daft does that sound? Our cars are being prevented from working properly by the BBC!!!

Going to have to try tuning back to FM then. I’ll let you know how I get on. If others could do the same that might direct us to the real issue here

Mark

elletts

Post by elletts » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:20 am

I found it still cutout on Bluetooth until I changed the radio away from BBC. Then it was fine.

pjvader

Post by pjvader » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:24 am

sorry forgot to mention mine is 2014, but it is the one with the jukebox etc (hifi pack iirc) if that makes any difference, about to set off soon (3 hour journey) so fingers crossed lol

Fortes

Post by Fortes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi I have the same problem of the screen resetting randomly. 2016 model with no sat nav, can’t wait for an answer, Citroen said bring it in and pay up £96 to get diagnosis done. Hope someone has a solution

cactusalan

Post by cactusalan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:21 am

Same problem. 2016 car. The screen software is obviously crashing. Perhaps the BBC changed their DAB service recently such that it sends a longer message out or it supports another newer feature of the DAB protocol.

Trying without headlights today to see if that makes a difference. That seems to be mentioned here.

Another thing I noticed is there seems to be regularity from what people are saying on here. Someone mentioned every 10 mins. If this can be pinned down then it might be tied into the frequency that something happens over DAB. i.e. is there something the BBC send every so often that might yield a clue. Ultimately though, looks like a fix is required from Citroen, unless some option can be turned off and it works around it.

GreatArrive

Post by GreatArrive » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:23 pm

I'm having exactly the same issue too with a 2016 car. Interestingly I changed the radio station to a non bbc one and went for a drive last night and had no screen cut outs at all. Citroen want £140 just to diagnose the problem so like everyone else, am keen to find another solution!

Imaginei

Post by Imaginei » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 pm

I don't live in England, I don't listen to the BBC, I don't use DAB, I only listen to music that I have on a Usb pen, and the message "new update for the Sat Nav maps is available to download" also appeared on the screen. The only thing I did was update the maps and ... everything is fine!
(C4 CACTUS 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Feel Start/Stop )

Cheers
Cm

skuund

Post by skuund » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Happens to me as well, and only after i started listening to bbc6, but i'm pretty sure it happened while on bluetooth as well. Working in IT management makes me feel its not a coincidence that everyone is experiencing exactly similar issue. I had cactus serviced in June, i wonder if all of you had service done recently and some sort of faulty update was installed. Forgot to mention my cactus is 2017, so not only 2016 ones are affected.