Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
elletts

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by elletts » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm

I have the issue with Bluetooth if DAB is on BBC and no issue with Bluetooth when not.

stoian

Post by stoian » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:24 pm

If that is of any help to you guys, I can confirm I have no issues in a country with no DAB radio. I listen bluetooth streamed music all the time and I don't experience these reboots.

P.S. the prices you get quoted for diagnostics are insane!

skuund

Post by skuund » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm

elletts wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm
I have the issue with Bluetooth if DAB is on BBC and no issue with Bluetooth when not.
Well i was on bbc dab when using bluetooth so i will test this circumstance tomorrow, by changing a station

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm

I tried changing to FM radio. the problem stopped. I also updated the software and that seems to have gone ok too.

Fingers crossed as we go forward.

Updates can be found here. You will need a USB stick to transfer it to the car system https://citroen.navigation.com/home/en_ ... enEMEA/GBP

No costs involved so only time to lose if it doesn't work for you

Mark

mcgetts

Post by mcgetts » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Same problem as everyone here - unbelievable.

Mine keeps rebooting approx every 3-4 minutes after I get in car for first trip (school run) - but when taking next trip a short while later then problem not happening. Can't seem to pin down why.

Has anyone tried changing to a BBC DAB station during their trip (once running for a short while) to see if problem occurs? Wondering if it has something to do with any screen startup sequence/checks and the BBC DAB signal - maybe it works OK if you move on to BBC DAB after a while. If no one has tried yet I will try this tomorrow and report back.

Also - does anyone know if a firmware update has helped? I think there is one out there from 2018 so may not address this issue but checking in case.

elletts

Post by elletts » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm

I tried halfway home the other day, went off within a couple of minutes.

stn24

Post by stn24 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:34 am

Having same problem, only on BBC radio stations. Changed over to a different station and no problem. Going to try and reset my stored stations, by the way, the link above doesn't work saying not available. Thanks all for your inputs.

Ray

elletts

Post by elletts » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 am

I have updated mine through Mapcare and it makes no difference. Best solution is no BBC, just wish Citroen would listen.

Fortes

Post by Fortes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:16 am

HI, I have had an update from Apple as I thought it might be the new 14.0.1 update, there response is below. I have had no problems with the screen cutting out since tuning the radio to FM from DABand BBC, but still have 'Error no files found' when connecting to the USB port, via bluetooth it is all fine so far, I think between Citroen and Apple they need to sort out glitches and update the software on the car (mine does not have Sat Nav so not sure about an update)

my engineers have come back to say its something they are currently investigating also. General the car company would work directly with Apple in the background.

From Apples side we are aware of this and do advise to keep device up to date in the meantime.

joro

Post by joro » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:52 pm

I've got exactly the same problem which started a couple of weeks ago....
2016 Cactus Puretech Flair, screen cuts out randomly, recently serviced and I don't want to pay loads of money for diagnostics!
I hope someone can come up with an easy fix!

It looks like there is a map update available https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... ion-system

Has anyone tried this yet? Did it solve anything?