Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
janeway

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by janeway » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm

I posted earlier and someone replied 'update the maps, hasta'.

I updated the maps - first thing I tried. Then I read the other comments about DAB and the BBC.

Tested now for 1 week. On FM only. Using all other functions, including lights, navigation etc. Not a single cut out. Not once.

Oh well, nice that I can now reverse without the camera cutting out or not being able to control the aircon! Contacted the dealership and got the 'No reported issues, oh you might need a new touch screen, sales blah blah' - £1000.

No. Way. I'd rather change the car.

Imaginei

Post by Imaginei » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:30 pm

I'm glad that everything is resolved.

Hasta.

mcgetts

Post by mcgetts » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 pm

As mentioned in previous post - did first drive with it on other DAB station (non BBC) - usually it is rebooting around 3 mins for me but was fine this time - at 7mins I switched to BBC and waited about 6mins - still fine - then used bluetooth for phone - no problems and and no reboots.

Could it be something in the screen startup sequence and the BBC DAB signal ? Seems like workaround (for me at least) is start on non BBC and switch over later.

Fortes

Post by Fortes » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am

It was OK for about 3 days now mine has started to reset again even when I have changed the radio to FM and none BBC, sent Citroen an email as the dealer was hopeless, don't expect Citroen to put there hands up either

elletts

Post by elletts » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 am

Don't just change to FM, make sure DAB is not on a BBC channel

pjvader

Post by pjvader » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:15 pm

OK, so.......
I did two 3 hour journeys before I set out I put the dab to absolute classic rock set the fm to 96.0 (which was just static) and put the iPhone on Spotify connected via the USB All.good till I got to Warwick services then the song got stuck like an old cd then rebooted the screen, it also reset the station to 4extra dab and radio2 fm 🤔 so I switched them back and started Spotify again and it was all good for the rest of the journey and the many miles I did whilst I was down there and didn't falter when I used the maps either but..., on the way back up around Warwick services again it restarted itself!
So I would surmise it's a problem with the BBC signal snd potentially regional as it changes from different transmitters?

JulianAdams

Post by JulianAdams » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:51 pm

All,

I've exactly the same issue, 'map is due up-date' notification on screen then on-line it tells me I'm not due one. Since when the touchscreen re-boots every 10mins, so annoying, would be great if anyone has heard of a resolution.

Imaginei

Post by Imaginei » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:35 pm

update the maps !!

hasta

Psycho4

Post by Psycho4 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Another 16 plate cactus owner with a screen cutting out, and thought I’d add my name to the list.

My local dealership were charging me £90 for a diagnostic... daylight robbery.

Will try the recommendations mentioned on here.

Styluslove

Post by Styluslove » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi same issue here had a service a month ago now screen cutting out constantly rebooting

2016 cactus flair just out of approved used warranty by a month too🥺