Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Endersgame

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by Endersgame » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 am

Hi, Just back from a weeks travelling and had this happening to me pretty much constantly, with the display cycling every 3-4 minutes. 2016 Cactus as well. Issue started just after I had the map needs updating message. I used blue tooth a lot and listed to DAB BBC. Went out today after reading here and tried Fm and Bluetooth off on my iPhone and no problems on the 10 minutes I was out. Ill keep and eye on it this week but its darned annoying.

djc

Post by djc » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am

Hi Yes I have developed the same problem with my 2016 Cactus, bought from new. Been getting worse and rebooting every few minutes. I took advice from other Forum members and tried driving yesterday with only FM radio and sat nav. No problem. I'm doing a longer drive today when I will test it again using FM (not DAB BBC). I have booked in for an update of firmware, which they want £96 for. If it stays OK on FM I am going to cancel this, contact Citroen UK and ask what they are going to do about fixing this glitch, since it seems to be affecting 2016 Cactus' all over the country. I feel they should offer a free software update, since the system can't seem to cope with BBC programmes..! Or should we blame the BBC? Interested to hear about any advice or fixes for this frustrating problem, since we totally rely on the main screen for many operations.

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Just a pointer. I'm guessing this is all to do with The BBC NOT Citroen. I say that because my daughter (BMW Mini One) and my Wife (Suzuki Swift have both stopped using BBC on Dab because the channels 'jump out'.

Mark

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:08 pm

djc wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am
Hi Yes I have developed the same problem with my 2016 Cactus, bought from new. Been getting worse and rebooting every few minutes. I took advice from other Forum members and tried driving yesterday with only FM radio and sat nav. No problem. I'm doing a longer drive today when I will test it again using FM (not DAB BBC). I have booked in for an update of firmware, which they want £96 for. If it stays OK on FM I am going to cancel this, contact Citroen UK and ask what they are going to do about fixing this glitch, since it seems to be affecting 2016 Cactus' all over the country. I feel they should offer a free software update, since the system can't seem to cope with BBC programmes..! Or should we blame the BBC? Interested to hear about any advice or fixes for this frustrating problem, since we totally rely on the main screen for many operations.
It is not only occurring on Cactuses (Cacti?) but on just about all Citroens with touchscreens. Really odd it only seems to have been a common problem for a couple of months and I have never heard of this issue on any cars other than 2016.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Markaren76 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm
Just a pointer. I'm guessing this is all to do with The BBC NOT Citroen. I say that because my daughter (BMW Mini One) and my Wife (Suzuki Swift have both stopped using BBC on Dab because the channels 'jump out'.

Mark
Just to be clear, this is not the DAB radio jumping out, it is the entire screen shutting down and restarting.

Mike66

Post by Mike66 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 pm

This will probably sound silly, but I wonder if they might possibly be using the BBC/Dab network for the virus test-and-trace App ........
Could the screen software be receiving something that it doesn't know what to do with, so it reboots.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Mike66 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 pm
This will probably sound silly, but I wonder if they might possibly be using the BBC/Dab network for the virus test-and-trace App ........
Could the screen software be receiving something that it doesn't know what to do with, so it reboots.
But why only on 2016 cars?

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:21 pm

I don’t have any problems with the screen rebooting, but I did stop using Dab for BBC months ago. BBC has also been a problem on my Amazon Alexa
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

pjvader

Post by pjvader » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm

routemaster1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:26 pm
Mike66 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 pm
But why only on 2016 cars?
Happens on my 2014, but it is the one with the jukebox/hifi pack

Rayjay83

Post by Rayjay83 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Same problem with my 16 plate blue hdi cactus, seemed to start about 4/6 weeks ago. After spending 45mins sitting in the car playing around I’ve found it’s just a problem when the car starts and you are tuned to bbc dab. It has never happened when my wife drives because she listens to gem. It seems to work fine if it starts on a non bbc dab channel and you change to bbc dab!!! So strange, it has to be a problem with the info in the dab signal that causes an issue with the software in the radio on start up!?!?