Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
Mopatops

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by Mopatops » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Markaren76 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm
Just a pointer. I'm guessing this is all to do with The BBC NOT Citroen. I say that because my daughter (BMW Mini One) and my Wife (Suzuki Swift have both stopped using BBC on Dab because the channels 'jump out'.

Mark

I emailed the BBC a few days ago, linking to this thread and a couple from other forums with the same problem. This proves Citroen radios aren't 100% complient with the DAB standard, and should have a FREE software update. The BBC has changed something, no doubt complient with the DAB standard, that is crashing these radios. There's no way this should be chargable. There should be a FREE recall.

Steve (DS3 owner, but this forum had more logical thinking ;) )

Reply from BBC.

Thanks for getting in contact with BBC Reception Advice.

We can advise that this is nothing to do with the BBC.

We did make a change on the 28th but this was to National DAB character coding of dynamic labels for Radio 1 and the EPG, including adding full sets of station logos.

The best thing to do in this scenario is to go back to the radio manufacturer and raise this issue with them.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

All the best,

BBC Audience Services

Endersgame

Post by Endersgame » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Some interesting posts here. I drove for about an hour today. FM only and had no issues. I can see this becoming a battle. The BBC are clearly saying its nothing to do with them and I suspect that Citroen will point a finger at the BBC. If it can be solved with the workaround of ensuring that the car starts in a non-BBC DAB, before switching back or over to Bluetooth then I might just live with it. It will be my experiment for tomorrow.

elletts

Post by elletts » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Endersgame wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Some interesting posts here. I drove for about an hour today. FM only and had no issues. I can see this becoming a battle. The BBC are clearly saying its nothing to do with them and I suspect that Citroen will point a finger at the BBC. If it can be solved with the workaround of ensuring that the car starts in a non-BBC DAB, before switching back or over to Bluetooth then I might just live with it. It will be my experiment for tomorrow.
Tried it, did not work for me.

arks

Post by arks » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Another one here where the same thing has started happening to my 2016 Cactus in the past couple of weeks. Just worked out tonight that it only seemed to happen when I was using DAB radio - driving on FM seems to be fine.

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:04 pm

I have noticed many drivers are performing updates to their touch screens. SMEGS or something like this.

My suggestion is just leave the thing alone. Let it run on outdated software, it won't break down or cut out.

elletts

Post by elletts » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Rubik wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:04 pm
I have noticed many drivers are performing updates to their touch screens. SMEGS or something like this.

My suggestion is just leave the thing alone. Let it run on outdated software, it won't break down or cut out.
Mine went wrong before the update, so nothing to do with that.

Endersgame

Post by Endersgame » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Rubik wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:04 pm

I hear what you're saying, but no upgrade on mine. I did the last map update and to be honest didn't noticed any difference. It still won't guide me down the most sensible road to my house, insisting I take a 8 mile detour. I use a phone based sat nav for journey planning.

Rainman

Post by Rainman » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:41 am

Hi, I'm another 2016 owner, and another who's screen keeps cutting out and starting back up, every 5-10 minutes, sometimes less.

djc

Post by djc » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Here I am again with my 2016 Cactus rebooting the screen on DAB BBC radio. After trying FM radio only for about a week I had no cut-out of the screen. Yesterday I tried AM to get BBC 5 Live, it appeared to be all right at first, then switched off and on again, same as DAB. Today I tried again on AM and it did it twice in a 15 min journey. So it looks like AM somehow is affecting the screens, as well as DAB. Started again in FM and it worked OK> This is getting quite a serious problem and yet Citroen is being silent about this. Surely they have to provide a fix. I emailed the Head of After Sales at Citroen HQ last week but have had no reply. If anyone with responsiblity at Citroen is reading these posts, please respond.

elletts

Post by elletts » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm

I have had a response via twitter suggesting that I disconnect bluetooth devices for a few days and try again. Not convinced, but I will try.