Touch screen cutting out

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
elletts

Re: Touch screen cutting out

Post by elletts » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:16 pm

I had a reply from BBC and they blame the manufacturer and Citroen are not interested. I will not pay for a repair, I will listen via app or not at all

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Many people have found that a software update sorts it. You can do it yourself and save money. Unfortunately the other options are to find out what is causing it and avoid it, put up with it, or pay to get it sorted.

stn24

Post by stn24 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:41 am

Markaren76 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:56 pm
I have updated without cost via a USB stick to carry the program from my computer to the car. At the same time I changed the radio to FM and away from DAB.
That was a couple of weeks back. I then heard the BBC had again adjusted their transmissions.
Over the last couple of days I’ve returned to DAB radio and listened to the BBC radio 2, 4, and 4xtra. Over several hours I no lon*er seem to have an issue

Hope this is helpful
Mark
Hi Mark, so where did the update come from? I'm curious, so i can source and update myself, i couldn't find anything on the net.
Ray

NorthRoad

Post by NorthRoad » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:21 am

Just joined the forum to search for this exact problem too.

2016 Cactus, screen rebooting constantly.

Will also try the "avoid DAB BBC" plan and see of that has any impact.

joro

Post by joro » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm still having the same problem...
Listening to BBC 6 music on DAB (my fave!) the screen cuts out
Listening to Radio 1 on FM or Virgin on DAB (Not enjoying these so much) the screen is fine.
Re-tuning to 6 music during a journey causes the screen to cut out.
This is such a bizarre problem!

bmacdee

Post by bmacdee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Just adding my name to the list - cactus 2016, serviced a few months ago, screen has been cutting out every few minutes for weeks, once a message flashed up to say software needed updating.. I listen to bbc 6 music....
I have updated the software from a link I found somewhere else on the forum - it is only a maps update, nothing has changed...
Looking forward to trying FM tonight tho and see if it helps,
Thanks.

skuund

Post by skuund » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:15 pm

Markaren76 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:56 pm
I have updated without cost via a USB stick to carry the program from my computer to the car. At the same time I changed the radio to FM and away from DAB.
That was a couple of weeks back. I then heard the BBC had again adjusted their transmissions.
Over the last couple of days I’ve returned to DAB radio and listened to the BBC radio 2, 4, and 4xtra. Over several hours I no lon*er seem to have an issue

Hope this is helpful
Mark
Could you give us some instructions on that, where did you get that update what were the steps to run it from the pendrive?

thomwilkinson

Post by thomwilkinson » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:37 pm

bmacdee wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:19 pm
Just adding my name to the list - cactus 2016, serviced a few months ago, screen has been cutting out every few minutes for weeks, once a message flashed up to say software needed updating.. I listen to bbc 6 music....
I have updated the software from a link I found somewhere else on the forum - it is only a maps update, nothing has changed...
Looking forward to trying FM tonight tho and see if it helps,
Thanks.
I'll add my voice to this too- 2016 Cactus 1.2 100 Flair. Had the same issues as others here.
Thanks for the people who have done trial and error and come up with the BBC/DAB based fixes. I will try this tomorrow.

I'd also like to note the high number of 6Music listeners! Good taste in cars and music...

benregis1

Post by benregis1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Adding my name in as well. Another 2016 Cactus that started doing this about 5 weeks ago. What on earth is going on? Will try the FM option. What a bizarre problem.

NorthRoad

Post by NorthRoad » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:49 am

An update on my experiences.

It only happens on mine when tuned to DAB channel 12B(BBC National DAB), and it cuts out and restarts every 4min and 30 seconds (give or take a second or two either way). Doesn't seem to happen on any other DAB channel, including the local BBC channel in my area.

I'm currently enjoying a back and forth with Citroen who tell me I'll need to take it into my local dealer for diagnostics and software updates (a 3 figure sum). I've politely suggested that this is a widespread issue (almost certainly related to software) that they should update for free. I'll keep you updated...…..