Using loads of screen wash???

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus
adinet

Using loads of screen wash???

Post by adinet » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Noticed the car was using an awful lot of screen wash lately even though it's winter and I'm using the windscreen washers more. Also noticed the drivers side not brilliant. On investigation found the supply hose was flapping around next to the windscreen driver motor and it had worn a hole in the piping!! No tie wraps or anything to keep the piping securely out of the way . luckily the hole was only an inch from a join in the pipe so I could cut it back and rejoin. Not sure if this was isolated fault or a design issue? I anyone needs to check just open the bonnet and unclip the cover to the environmental filter. This gives access to the filter and also windscreen motor and washer hosing. If any of the hoses are near the motor, tie them out of the way.
Cactus Flair 110
Tapenade Grey with Stone air bumps
Black Wheels and Red Cactus Flash

fixerman

Re: Using loads of screen wash???

Post by fixerman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:54 pm

adinet wrote:Noticed the car was using an awful lot of screen wash lately even though it's winter and I'm using the windscreen washers more. Also noticed the drivers side not brilliant. On investigation found the supply hose was flapping around next to the windscreen driver motor and it had worn a hole in the piping!! No tie wraps or anything to keep the piping securely out of the way . luckily the hole was only an inch from a join in the pipe so I could cut it back and rejoin. Not sure if this was isolated fault or a design issue? I anyone needs to check just open the bonnet and unclip the cover to the environmental filter. This gives access to the filter and also windscreen motor and washer hosing. If any of the hoses are near the motor, tie them out of the way.
I'm sure I've seen this reported elsewhere on the forum. It was suggested as a design fault.
C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Stop&Start ETG Flair in sport red with matching mirrors.

DCHudson

Post by DCHudson » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:31 am

Just had my 64 plate HD100 Blue 100 Flair into local dealer with same issue. Pipe worn by wiper motor into hole with most washer fluid being lost into wheel arch.Fixed now all working well.
20,000 miles from new this is my only issue. Great car very economical.

Wolfenshep

Post by Wolfenshep » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Windscreen wipe performance had been at best poor and was topping up frequently.
Discovered worn pipe after reading post about using to much screen wash.
Repaired by cutting out holed portion and inserting short section of pneumatic pipe and secured with the tie wraps.
Hopefully repair will remain secure.

IMG_0165.JPG

C4 Cactus BlueHDi 100 manual Feel Tapenade Grey s&s Airdream 15" Steel Wheels with Michelin "Energy Saver" tyres.

hightower71

Post by hightower71 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Well after only having my C4 Cactus for 8 months I like alot of other people had noticed that I was having to put so much water into the washer bottle and recently I was having to put a litre of water a day into it to just end up with a trickle coming out of the washer nozzle.
Like alot of people thought I was going mad so booked car into the dealer to get it looked at along with another little problem at the same time.
Well had call to say they'd not been able to find a fault so they said to keep an eye on it. Well upon getting into my car I tried the washer & nothing really happened water wasn't even getting to half way up the screen. Got them to look at it again and there was a huge puddle on the floor.
The machanic looked & there was was a hole in the pipe as the guy bought it back to me I told him what they had done after looking at this forum.

Come on Citroën pull ur finger out and tell your engineers that these problems are happening I'm just glad it's a lease car else who would be paying for the time spent not me I'll tell u that

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:07 pm

That should be fixed with no cost. It’s a known design fault which has now been rectified in later models. Ask me how I know :roll:
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Ffrs1444

Post by Ffrs1444 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:57 am

we had the same i noticed day after buying from Citroen quality checks by citroen Salisbury

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:44 am

Is there a warning that the washer fluid is low? Page 225 of the manual mentions the Service light, but it is not clear that that light will illuminate with a message (other levels have a full explanation of a fixed light and message). Mine does run out without a warning.
K

110 (of course) All black Flair with panoramic roof - Cheltenham. And I do wave.
Like crime fiction? Comfy Monkey - Robbery and abduction, or an inside job?

Manturian

Post by Manturian » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:27 am

hi all.

Speak to the service manager and request the they submit a quality report on this failure.

The manufacturer will not know about this problem unless a quality report is submitted.

Yes I know that the dealer will have submitted a warranty claim and you would think that they may pick it up from the this.

My experience is that very few manufacturers link warranty claims to build related/design problems.

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am

I am just booking the final warranty service and want to get the screen wash warning issue fixed...if there is an issue. The issue may be my memory!

Is there a warning that the washer fluid is low? Page 225 of the manual mentions the Service light, but it is not clear that that light will illuminate with a message (other levels have a full explanation of a fixed light and message). Mine does run out without a warning
K

110 (of course) All black Flair with panoramic roof - Cheltenham. And I do wave.
Like crime fiction? Comfy Monkey - Robbery and abduction, or an inside job?