Mk2 Cacti in Middleton Leeds

Was it you? Spotted another Cactus on the roads? Post here.
nc111

Mk2 Cacti in Middleton Leeds

Post by nc111 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Just been to the doctors for a fit note, and there was a black Mk2 with 18 plates in the carpark (a disability badge in the window so wonder if they are being promoted for mobility cars).

Quite Boosted by this I started walking home (no car until I pick my cactus up later this week), when another Mk2 drove passed in pearl white, followed by another in one of the greys. Not seen any for ages and I've seen 3 new styles, maybe its because its rush hour and I'm not normally there.

Three would be good, but I then spotted an original style in yellow and another original in black.

Five cars in half an hours ... just flabbergasted.
1.6 BlueHDi Feel in Black on Black with Privacy Glass, Feel City Park Pack, and Navigation & HiFi pack,

nc111

Re: Mk2 Cacti in Middleton Leeds

Post by nc111 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 am

I have made a mistake :oops:

The two Cacti originals I saw were, but the three new styles, weren't. They had one line of airbumps, but not as small as in the brochure. Then I discovered the C3 has one line of airbumps and a very similar shape (also explains why the almond green colours cheme wasn't in the brochure, lol
1.6 BlueHDi Feel in Black on Black with Privacy Glass, Feel City Park Pack, and Navigation & HiFi pack,

geevo

Post by geevo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 am

I suspect the cars that you saw were the C3 Aircross

https://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars-and- ... rcross-suv

which makes the new Cactus rather pointless
Feel 110, Black on Black, Habana, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, MediaNav, Reg July 2015

nc111

Post by nc111 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:57 am

geevo wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 am
I suspect the cars that you saw were the C3 Aircross

https://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars-and- ... rcross-suv

which makes the new Cactus rather pointless
Nope it was the new C3

which has a lot in common with the cactus, airbumps, 7" screen, and the tech features, but in a smaller package (for the supermini market)

The new Cactus is been aimed at the hatchback market, which I suppose why its now labeled "C4 Cactus Hatch" on the website
The Aircross is out to compete with the likes of the Nissan Qashqai which are bigger SUV, so they've increase boot space etc. They've even put in a HUD like the renault 3008.

geevo

Post by geevo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:16 pm

It's the C3 Aircross that's competing in the small SUV/Crossover sector with the likes of the Seat Arona, Kia Stonic etc etc - the Qashqai is in a different class. I still reckon the C3 Aircross looks the more like a new Cactus than the little C3 which is a supermini. I don't think the new Cactus fits in anywhere, it's just a mess.
Feel 110, Black on Black, Habana, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, MediaNav, Reg July 2015

nc111

Post by nc111 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 pm

It does look like they looked at what was missing from the Cactus to take on the SUV/Crossover and came up with the C3 Aircross. More boot space modular seating, etc. As to C3 being like the Cactus

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/ ... d-details/

nc111

Post by nc111 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:04 am

I can get what you mean in that the new cactus doesn't fit anywhere. The Aircross is for the SUV/crossover and they are pitching the C3 and C4 Cactus to be like Ford Fiesta & Focus - i.e. supermini and family hatchback. However the Cactus is a lot smaller than a Focus, and the price increase means its a lot to step up from a C3 for not too much more car. If Citroen do bring out a proper hatchback next year, like they have indicated, then it truly will be a question where does the cactus fit - a very prickly situation.

nc111

Post by nc111 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:47 pm

Today saw a Cactus in Blue with 66 plates drive past as I was walking the dog. I'd take a photo but they may find it strange some random stranger snapping their car :lol:

Return to “Spotted”