Waving or flahsing lights to other owenrs

Was it you? Spotted another Cactus on the roads? Post here.
Robi55

Waving or flahsing lights to other owenrs

Post by Robi55 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I am the new owner of a brand new Cactus (1 week!) and really enjoying the car so far. Iknow they have a reputation of being a bit of a left-field choice but i was still quite surprised to be waved at by a lady onwer of another Cactus last weekend. Nice touch. In years past, Alfa owners used to do this too. So, to pick up the mantle, I then flashed my light and waved at another owner today only to be glared at in confusion as we passed......It;s a nice gesture but I wonder whether it can also lead to confusion, given the mis-use of headlights these days. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Is there an etiquette I should be aware of? :lol:
2019 Cactus Flair 130 s/s, Pearl White with city pack.

CakeEater

Re: Waving or flahsing lights to other owenrs

Post by CakeEater » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Around home counties/south of england/london i have seen on occasion a few other Cacti, however, I don't flash them but even if i try to catch the driver's eye or wave there is little to no acknowledgement... i don't get vexed with other drivers who don't acknowledge courtesies such as stopping on a single track road, as i am glad they are concentrating on driving, but with Cacti drivers i think maybe they don't want attention drawn to the fact they have good taste in reasonable priced and practical cars.

;)

CactiBhoy

Waving or flashing lights to other owners

Post by CactiBhoy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 pm

Something started by the vehicle recovery dudes after the second battle of countries on the planet :ugeek: Motorcyclists still do this as a acknowledgment of belonging to almost death club by only having two wheels (a long flash right leg out means plod around the corner). I flash my light`s at fellow Cactuses, And their owners respond sometimes. If they know why your flashing the lights at them during the daylight hours. :lol:
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

Markaren76

Post by Markaren76 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Flashing and waving is common in the classic car community

I have a number of other cars. All classics. When looking for insurance I found classic insurance is significantly cheaper than 'normal' rates. Insurance rules for classic classification has recently changed. Now only cars that are over 40 yrs old and those with a club, FaceBook following or similar will be classed as classic and therefore eligible for lower insurance pricing. I raise this point because it's clear there is a fair following for the Cactus (especially the side bumper model, I'm still not sure if its Mk1 or 2). Personally I bought mine because its just such a great car. I also think those that stay on the road will be modern classics (of the future). Can't come fast enough in my view.

Mark

Mike66

Post by Mike66 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Having moved from a Land Rover to a Cactus - I know what you mean Mark, I used to get a few waves in that one.

And yes, I think you're right, the Mk1 Cactus could possibly find a following in the future 8-)

Cheers
Mike