H7 Osram LEDriving HL (gen II)

Buy and Sell from other members
Freerangecactus

H7 Osram LEDriving HL (gen II)

Post by Freerangecactus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am

Hi all,

I have for sale a pair of Osram Ledriving HL bulbs. These were bought and fitted last year October, as I have changed my car in December I don't need these any more.
The colour output pairs beautifully with the DRL's. Don't mistake these for the horrible cheap dazzling ones often found on Ebay and the likes. The cut off isn't exactly as sharp as the halogens but it's close. Although they are not marked as road legal my Cactus has passed it's MOT with these fitted. ( I actually fitted them a couple of days before the MOT to find out).

To be clear about fitment, these are the H7 for the dipped beam in the Cactus, fitting nicely in the head units without overheating with the rubber cap in place. I throw in a pair H1 Osram nightbreakers for high beam as well but they look rather yellow compare to the LED's).

These are the more expensive second generation ones with the driver unit at the bulb base for easy fitment.

Open to reasonable offers..

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 10.12.18(3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 10.12.18(4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 10.12.18(5).jpeg

Jonovich

Re: H7 Osram LEDriving HL (gen II)

Post by Jonovich » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 pm

What did the Cactus ECU make of them? Any alerts/alarms/warning/bulb out messages etc?

Also did you get any negative response from other road users thinking you were on main beam etc?

Kind regards,

Jono

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Freerangecactus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am
Hi all,

I have for sale a pair of Osram Ledriving HL bulbs. These were bought and fitted last year October, as I have changed my car in December I don't need these any more.
The colour output pairs beautifully with the DRL's. Don't mistake these for the horrible cheap dazzling ones often found on Ebay and the likes. The cut off isn't exactly as sharp as the halogens but it's close. Although they are not marked as road legal my Cactus has passed it's MOT with these fitted. ( I actually fitted them a couple of days before the MOT to find out).

To be clear about fitment, these are the H7 for the dipped beam in the Cactus, fitting nicely in the head units without overheating with the rubber cap in place. I throw in a pair H1 Osram nightbreakers for high beam as well but they look rather yellow compare to the LED's).

These are the more expensive second generation ones with the driver unit at the bulb base for easy fitment.

How much would you like? Are these only for dipped beam?

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:33 pm

Jonovich wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 pm
What did the Cactus ECU make of them? Any alerts/alarms/warning/bulb out messages etc?

Also did you get any negative response from other road users thinking you were on main beam etc?

Kind regards,

Jono
Hi Jono,

No alerts of any kind from the car as the LED units have their own driver so the car won't notice.

And no I never got any negative response as the beam pattern is close to a halogen filament bulb, the cut off isn't as sharp but close.
I was fed up with buying the nightbreakers or the likes every 3 months as they don't last long, as I drive a lot on country/rural roads I wanted a bit more light output to keep the road and verge ahead illuminated when being dazzled by those modern factory LED's on newer cars.
I couldn't find any proper review so it was a bit of a gamble when I decided to order them. But as I said in my first post, the Osram's are on a different level compare to the cheaper ones.

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Rubik wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:56 pm
Freerangecactus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am
Hi all,

How much would you like? Are these only for dipped beam?
Hi Rubik,
As I have mentioned in my original post these are the H7 for dipped beam but you get also a pair of H1 halogen Osram nightbreakers for the high beam. Still yellowish but better than standard bulbs. Although I must say different colours for high/dipped beams is rather strange but I certainly didn't wanted to spend all this money on the H1's as well as I rarely use high beam anyway.

Jonovich

Post by Jonovich » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:03 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply, tempted to try them if the price is right, what would you consider a reasonable offer?

Cheers,

Jono.

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Jonovich wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:03 pm
Thanks for the prompt reply, tempted to try them if the price is right, what would you consider a reasonable offer?

Cheers,

Jono.
What about £40?
No idea which area you live in but you are welcome to come along and pop the LED's in your own car to see if you like them.

Jonovich

Post by Jonovich » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:05 pm

I think I'm a bit too far away to pop over :lol: I'm in Rutland (LE15)

But that sounds like a fair price to give it a punt, if it includes postage, then you have a deal!

Cheers,

Jono

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:58 pm

Jonovich wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:05 pm
I think I'm a bit too far away to pop over :lol: I'm in Rutland (LE15)

But that sounds like a fair price to give it a punt, if it includes postage, then you have a deal!

Cheers,

Jono
Jono, you have a pm.