BlueHDI fuel filter

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
minimike

Re: BlueHDI fuel filter

Post by minimike » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Push the orange bit in and then pull the connector off, I think?

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm

Not sure that is the connector he wants to undo.

minimike

Post by minimike » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:26 pm

Right, I've just replaced my fuel filter on my DS3 today and it's exactly the same.

So starting on the right as you look at the filter.

1. Lift the white tab in the middle and then push the outer white bit down while pulling the pipe.

2. On the middle pipe simply push the two white squares opposite each other in and pull at the same time.

3. The electrical connection comes off by pulling the orange tab out (like it is in the photo) this lets you lift the grey tab on top of the fitting up slightly allowing the connector to disconnect.

Remember you will have to remove the RH screw behind the filter and undo the LH one to allow the bracket that the engine cover clips under to swivel out of the way slightly. This will then allow you to unscrew the filter housing lid without it fouling on the bracket.

Remove the fuel filter, needs pulling up with a little force, trying to spill as little diesel as possible. Fit the new filter, replace the o ring with the new one that came with the filter and put it all back together.

Remember to push the orange lock tab back in on the electrical connector and also to push the white lock tab back down once the pipe is fitted on the RH pipe. The centre pipe will 'click' once pushed back on.

You can't over tighten the filter head as it has a stop to ensure it sits in the right place.

I have never had to bleed the fuel, it may splutter a couple of times on start up depending on how much diesel you lost.

I think that's it.

Mike.