I've made it! Engine Fault

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Radu

I've made it! Engine Fault

Post by Radu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Hello Guys,

So, here we are, 16.500KMs, the engine just started underperforming, and i got the Engine fault message. I've called citroen many times, telling them that the car is pulling away, and the etg gearbox just brakes so often blocking the motor, leading it to stall. But noo ... it's normal ETG6 gearbox behavior. The car started to be more and more wiggly while slowly moving form a standstill point ... and so, i got the magic Service light on my driver screen.

So, I have the logs, and the conversation history with Citroen. If they mention the fact that I did not report this earlier, i will file a complaint.
I am so sad that this looked to be a beautiful car, and for 16k kilometers i had to handle a wiggly car every stop, and i have to get a Service light to get proper Servicing.

God I am pissed off. I am not even sure if I should drive the car slowly to the service, or have a tow car to take it there.

Guys ? what say you ?

Vacuman

Re: I've made it! Engine Fault

Post by Vacuman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Don't worry, I've had a diesel Zafira that was like that and a diesel Peugeot 207 that needed a brand new engine at 28,000 miles. Sticking with petrol now !

Radu

Post by Radu » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:01 am

Hopefully that should not be the case :( The service in our country is so bad, I bet they can't replace a whole motor :(.

Radu

Post by Radu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Hey,

It was just an engine error, They've corrected it with a software update. Weird. :)

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”