ABS/ESP fault

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Walterc4

ABS/ESP fault

Post by Walterc4 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Hello, since a few days a have ABS/ESP fault in my display. The light on the button ESP ( car whit slides ) is lightning under the touchscreen. Also the tyre pressure is blinking. A reset did not work. I replace some fuses but the faults where staying. Someone familiair whit this kind off problems?

Aepuma

Re: ABS/ESP fault

Post by Aepuma » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:26 am

Walterc4 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:29 pm
Hello, since a few days a have ABS/ESP fault in my display. The light on the button ESP ( car whit slides ) is lightning under the touchscreen. Also the tyre pressure is blinking. A reset did not work. I replace some fuses but the faults where staying. Someone familiair whit this kind off problems?
ABS/ESP could be your brakes are not working as they should.Have your garage to check it.
Tjek your tyre pressure and then reset it, that worked for me, and there is an explorenation in your manual :D

2017-03-06 (2).png

2017-03-06 (1).png

Regards
C4Cactus 82 puretech 5ETG automatic Feel Edition, Hello Yellow, Black 17" cross alu, Habana interior, Panorama roof, Navi-pack, Auto-pack, DK Oct. 2014

littlejim

Post by littlejim » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:40 am

Walterc4 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:29 pm
The ABS/ESP system works by measuring wheel movement. I believe the tyre pressure measurement is also linked to wheel speed in the same way, which would explain why you have both indicators lit. Likely to be a sensor problem. A trip to the garage and an OBDII diagnostic will flag up the problem.
Shine 1.2 Pure Tech 110, Shark Grey

Walterc4

Post by Walterc4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm

will try, thank for your support

Walterc4

Post by Walterc4 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:13 pm

The warning ABS/ESP and tyre pressure are still staying. Whit reading the faults in the OBD2 port gives a problem whit the sensor in the rear wheel right. Replacing the sensor gives also no solution. Now i'm searching for a overview how the wires are coming into the ABS pump. I think there is a wire problem from sensor to pump. Does anyone now how the positions from the wires are coming into the connection on the pump?

Paulpen

Post by Paulpen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:41 pm

How did you get on with this ?

I had a faulty rear left sensor issue but having replaced that sensor the fault is now intermittantly on the rear right.

Im reluctant to buy another sensor unless I can be sure im not chasing ghosts !

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”