Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

1.2 110BHP Turbo misfire

17K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  mohammadfahimrahimi76@gma 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm new to the forums. I've had my cactus a little over a month and today whilst driving down the motorway, accelerating between 60 and 70mph the engine felt like it was misfiring. I slowed back down and accelerated again and the problem seemed to have disappeared. It also did it going down an A round between 40 and 50mph. This only happened when I was accelerating hard. Has anyone else experienced this problem? and if so how did you go about sorting it? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Replying to this belatedly as i was one of those experiencing this issue on the other thread. I switched to super unleaded fuel as suggested and haven't experienced the misfire/juddering since. The garage also checked it at my second service last week and couldn't find any error codes logged on the car. It appears my car has a taste for expensive petrol sadly!

#7 ·
Thanks for your replies. Jono which brand of super unleaded did you switch to? I had no problems when I first filled up which was with BP ultimate and then second time I filled up I used sainsburys premium unleaded and that's when this problem started. Can you use that 99RON stuff ? I know costco do it and I've been tempted to try it but the manual says 95 and 98 ron only.

#8 ·
Yes you can...the ECU is programmed to accomodate a broad range of RONs as not all countries (or at least markets of sale) use the same octane ratings.

E.g western European RON can differ to Eastern European although this is now becoming more standardised.

Australia uses lower ratings compared to Europe - 91 being standard, 95 premium and 100 offerered as super premium. These also contain various proportions of ethanol substitute when compared to northern hemisphere fuels. Unfortunately this has caused some problems with manufacturers struggling with hot starting issues.

#9 ·
Whilst I have, so far, avoided the misfires on the 110 turbo, I`ve gone the other way to many and started to use supermarket bog standard 95. Runs fine on it, no shortage of quick acceleration on demand and no turbo misfire or lag. The interesting thing though is that the MPG has actually increased. I`ve done a long run this last week and its been showing low to mid 60mpg enroute..Admittedly it was on cruise, for long periods and keeping it to about 65 mph as well. But I haven`t had that out of it since I got it..Just 22k on the clock.

I`m thinking that this PureTec was designed for French drivers who mostly buy supermarket stuff, regard servicing as for sissys and admire the dents in each others cars for fun. So do as they do..............well in respect of fuel :lol:

#11 ·
must have missed this topic - just seen it. Mine has been suffering a "lag" on acceleration occasionally. It seemed like on one of my old engines when the carb wouldn't be able to suck in enough air. Switching to twin dual Webbers solved the problem (and gave a great sounding sucking noise on acceleration too!).
I wondered if it was an air thing on the C4.

Anyway simply letting up the pedal and then pushing down again seems to solve it for me - hadn't thought to mention it to the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.