Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

82 vs 110

22K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  paully 
#1 ·
Going for a used petrol Cactus, but are not shure wich one to buy.

82: More simple, a bit vague.
110: Powerfull, but consumption?

Prices are almost the same despite a huge difference in prices when new (4.000 £), but one of the reasone we are going for Cactus, is the fuel consumption.
And I'm afraid that my whife never will come near 30 MPG.

82 or 110?

#3 ·
I ain't saying which is best but;

My 110 has averaged 45.5 mpg over 4900 miles. That everything from holidays to commute to work (1mile). Realistically 41-42 mpg local. Depends how hard you mash the pedal into the carpet.

#4 ·
Would not really say the consumption is going to be any different. 82 is what I have and it is okay, but with 4 ppl on board, it feels some extra power would come in handy.
I would welcome swapping my 82 in exchange for a higher probability of future engine failure/service costs (turbo etc..)

#7 ·
Changed from an 82 ETG to a 110. Would not go back. Not worried about speed. The 110 is smoother and quieter (slightly) and much better during slow speed manoeuvring. MPG for me is identical.

#9 ·
Hi, I tested an 82 and ordered a 110, my fuel consumption has been right up to just over 62 mpg right down to 45 ish mpg my overall consumption since bought is 52 mpg. After the test drive in the 82 all I can say is 110 all day every day.

#10 ·
My company Cactus was a 110. When I left I bought (in haste) a replacement based on price and condition. Everything was right except it was an 82.

95% of the time it makes no difference, fuel consumption is a little worse on the 82 (ave 42-44 rather than 44-48 for same journeys). But when you need to move quickly (overtaking for example) those missing horses are noticed.

#11 ·
Gotta agree with the consensus so far. The 82 is perfectly adequate, feels rather like old fashioned 1.6s used to feel in focuses or astras. It manages the bulk of the car perfectly reasonably.

But you really miss the overtaking power should you need to get out of trouble. The 82 I had on loan when my old car was being serviced couldn't quite match the 110 for fuel economy either in the real world.

#12 ·
Jukebox said:
how can someone who likes 2CVs worry about the power of an 82?
Well, it's going to be my wifes car.

We went for a spin in a 110 yesterday, the same car that I had a testdrive in two days earlier.
She did 50,5 MPG, i did 48,6.
So it seems 50 MPG it is.

Until now, than you so much for the feedback.

#14 ·
Coypars said:
Went down to Wales from Scotland in my 82 thinks it's a 110 purple flair,no problems overtaking ran sweet all the way,seen about 8 cacti in Llandudno no waves though,averaged 52.9 mpg on way down and 48.9 on way up.
Better mpg on way down 'cos it's downhill :lol:

#16 ·
Paris is about to aband diesel cars, Copenhagen is following.
So 100 is not an option!

JohnYoung said:
Ahh get the 100 diesel - feel that torque up hill :D

#18 ·
I purchased an 82 and for a while I was concerned, but I needn't have been, it's plenty fast enough and has enough go to overtake people who drive along at 50 in 60 areas.
It also was fine driving across Germany via the autobahn at an average of 95mph.
My choice would now come down to if I was keeping the car after the warranty had run out.

#19 ·
I'm glad you went for the 110. I had to check the specs. to remind myself and the 82 is much slower (I find the 9.3 0-62 time, the same as quoted for the C3 as surprisingly slow, it feels quicker) and the quoted consumption (for what it is worth) is worse. I was on the WhatCar? web page. If this was a 1.0 ltr compared to a 1.2 ltr engine for the same money and economy, would there be a discussion?

#20 ·
Thanx for all the advises.
The hunt is for a 110.
After a,few testdrives, 110 is what it is.
My wifes parents has a 82 hp Peugeot 208, and it does 36 MPG, and I'm sure we can do that better.

Colour will be a compromise.
At the moment there are around 18 used PT 110 for sale, most Pearl White, some white, a few silver and dark grey, two yellow …

Prices between 16.300 and 22.000 £

#21 ·
tfaerch said:
The hunt is for a 110.
My wifes parents has a 82 hp Peugeot 208, and it does 36 MPG, and I'm sure we can do that better.

At the moment there are around 18 used PT 110 for sale, most Pearl White, some white, a few silver and dark grey, two yellow …

Prices between 16.300 and 26.200 £
Are they new prices? Sadly the Cactus suffers a lot of depreciation so perhaps consider a one-year old car. Could be half the price of new.

#22 ·
Vacuman said:
tfaerch said:
The hunt is for a 110.

Prices between 16.300 and 22.000 £
Are they new prices? Sadly the Cactus suffers a lot of depreciation so perhaps consider a one-year old car. Could be half the price of new.
Oh, no!
You can't buy a new PT 110 in Denmark.
New, they did cost 23.000 and up.
The additional price for 110 was 5.000£+, nothing else than turbo …

#24 ·
Driving my 82 home yesterday it averaged 48mpg and considering I have to get used to driving it after having the diesel version I think it did very well.his was combined driving, rural and city.

I noticed on the second trip meter the previous owner was only getting 37mpg. I think it all depends on driving technique as to what mpg you get. I've driven the 110 as a courtesy car and for my needs the 82 is adequate. I'm not looking for a sporty drive, my 82 does it's job that's all I need. I won't be lusting after the 110 anytime soon.

#25 ·
Have to disagree..I had an 82 but Peugeot 208 (similar power to weight etc) on hire this year in Spain..Was ok and adequate but you never wanted to push it in an overtaking situation and had to leave it a little longer in lower gears. Fast forward to the 110 I have now. Different beast, fast if you want it (0-60 in just over 9 secs) but it easily slips into a higher gear at lower speeds and picks up effortlessly and smoothly without having to open up the fuel burners. Occasionally there is a need to pass a slow mover (sometimes for safety as well) and touch the throttle and off it goes. It gives you confidence in its ability, and we all need a touch of a buzz now and again :D

Very reminiscent of a Skoda Fabia 105bhp Tsi estate I had many years ago...now that did go like a scalded cat :lol: ..sadly felt very skittish at anything over 65 though ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.