Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

BlueHDI fuel filter

18K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  wrootrhino 
#1 ·
Picked up a new filter off ebay for the grand total of £3.17 including p&p :lol:
Anybody got any advice regarding removing the pipes and fitting the new one?
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Has anyone got any tips for this yet. I've done one on the 1.6 HDi engine in my old DS3 but that was a metal filter where as the BlueHdi unit seems to have just a new paper element to replace?

Any tips/advice much appreciated, I can't seem to find any video how too's specific to BlueHdi.

#4 ·
see those 2 bolts at the back? remove them and the metal bracket or else you end up damaging the end of the connector as you unscrew the top :x
the 2 pipes come off pretty easy...if it won't come out you've not pressed the release thingies in enough...I think I swore at it for about 5 minutes before I eventually sussed it out ;)

edit:to say bolts not nuts! :lol:

#5 ·
So it's as easy as removing the connectors, then the bolts you mention and unscrewing the lid?

Then replace the element and bleed?

I hope so.....the HDi was a bit of a bugger as it was easy to snap off a vital internal piece of plastic (speaking from experience :lol: )

Thanks for your reply BTW.

#6 ·
I did this today along with the oil and filter, air filter and cabin filters. It is pretty straight forward. Definitely an improvement on the EHdi fuel filter that was on my DS3 and much easier and cheaper to change.

You don't even need to bleed the fuel through at the end. My filter was pretty dirty at 37k too.

#13 ·
Right, I've just replaced my fuel filter on my DS3 today and it's exactly the same.

So starting on the right as you look at the filter.

1. Lift the white tab in the middle and then push the outer white bit down while pulling the pipe.

2. On the middle pipe simply push the two white squares opposite each other in and pull at the same time.

3. The electrical connection comes off by pulling the orange tab out (like it is in the photo) this lets you lift the grey tab on top of the fitting up slightly allowing the connector to disconnect.

Remember you will have to remove the RH screw behind the filter and undo the LH one to allow the bracket that the engine cover clips under to swivel out of the way slightly. This will then allow you to unscrew the filter housing lid without it fouling on the bracket.

Remove the fuel filter, needs pulling up with a little force, trying to spill as little diesel as possible. Fit the new filter, replace the o ring with the new one that came with the filter and put it all back together.

Remember to push the orange lock tab back in on the electrical connector and also to push the white lock tab back down once the pipe is fitted on the RH pipe. The centre pipe will 'click' once pushed back on.

You can't over tighten the filter head as it has a stop to ensure it sits in the right place.

I have never had to bleed the fuel, it may splutter a couple of times on start up depending on how much diesel you lost.

I think that's it.

Mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.