Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Oil and filter change

22K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  PCLock 
#1 ·
Anyone done this(By themselves - not at a garage) that could give me some pointers or head ups? (I imagine there's a bunch of plastic fantastic covers and screws that needs to be removed)
I'm an experienced home mechanic and got all the tools.

Thanks!!

G
#3 ·
Tequila said:
Haynes manual?
There isn't one, and if the C4 is anything to go by that took about five years as it didn't warrant one due to production levels being so low making it not cost effective to begin with.

I don't think there will ever be one for the C4 Cactus as there aren't enough on the road and due to it is not going to be produced in its current form.

#10 ·
Egholm said:
Hi

When the oil plug and outlet is offset to the bottom of the oil pan, how do you drain the remaining oil and sludge form the engine?

BR Henrik
start it up and rev the nuts off it.. that should shift the last drops! :D
I'd let it drain for 10-15 mins if you can. I personally don't trust the 'flush' chemicals..but i guess that would be one option.

#14 ·
Cactused said:
Egholm said:
Hi

When the oil plug and outlet is offset to the bottom of the oil pan, how do you drain the remaining oil and sludge form the engine?

BR Henrik
start it up and rev the nuts off it.. that should shift the last drops! I hope you re joking :D
I'd let it drain for 10-15 mins if you can. I personally don't trust the 'flush' chemicals..but i guess that would be one option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.