Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Apple Car Play

12K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cactused 
#1 ·
So...anyone done it? It's on new "cough hideous" Cactus, but I'm not a fan of the new air-bump-less version. Would be very useful to have..

#2 ·
Apple. Carplay is built into the SMEG+IV2. This unit was originally installed into C4, DS-line and some others but never into Cactus. All the cars that were originally equipped with SMEG+IV2 have separate climate control panel. Therefore it does not have touch screen climate controle firmware. I am not 100% sure of that however because I have seen the files taken from it in other forum and there was something about climate control. One thing is sure, no dealer can enable it, if it is possible the files have to be modified separately taken from the unit and writing them back.
I have been investigating the newer Bosch RCC unit which is installed into the 2017 C3 and into the 2018 Cactus and so far I have not found any reasons why it can not be installed. There is an option for it in BSI even. The price may be high, although the unit itself can be obtained for some 250 euros I have not yet seen any screens for sale. The original costs a whopping 1 600 euros.
So maybe in a few years when the new C3 or 2018 Cactus starting to appeare by the brakers.

#3 ·
Interesting post..that would make sense about the unit having separate climate control panel. Certainly on the 3008 etc. they have the shortcut 'real' buttons for climate and several other functions. I was hoping it might just be a firmware update! :D

#4 ·
I have looked at the 'build my car' option on the Citroen website, and you can have roof bars added as an extra - which actually almost restores the original Cactus look and feel... I'm not happy they removed the air-bumps and reduced them to insignificance at the bottom of the doors, not protecting the most protruding part of the doors and thus defeating the objective. Yesterday in a supermarket car park while I was sitting in my car it was attacked by a moron in a Mercedes who felt it was fine to swing his nearside front door hard against my car while he fannied about. The dent would have been significant if the air-bumps had not been there, and if I hadn't have been present and damage was caused I'm certain the 'entitled' muppet would have driven off care-free.

My car is three years old in 13 months time, and I am now considering the new model although I may just keep mine for longer.

#5 ·
[/quote]

I have looked at the 'build my car' option on the Citroen website, and you can have roof bars added as an extra - which actually almost restores the original Cactus look and feel... I'm not happy they removed the air-bumps and reduced them to insignificance at the bottom of the doors, not protecting the most protruding part of the doors and thus defeating the objective. Yesterday in a supermarket car park while I was sitting in my car it was attacked by a moron in a Mercedes who felt it was fine to swing his nearside front door hard against my car while he fannied about. The dent would have been significant if the air-bumps had not been there, and if I hadn't have been present and damage was caused I'm certain the 'entitled' muppet would have driven off care-free.

My car is three years old in 13 months time, and I am now considering the new model although I may just keep mine for longer.
[/quote]

I'm coming round to it, and the better seats and Media unit would improve things considerably. I got a trade-in quoted for mine though recently and it was low. Citroen dealer who rang me explained that it's the mileage that's the problem (50K). I didn't reply that in that case, trading for another Citroen would be madness, as i still do a long commute, but it does make me question the resales on Cacti..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.