Latest firmware

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
PeterW

Re: Latest firmware

Post by PeterW » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Not here, but have heard of some who experience problems if their firmware is very old and trying to update to latest. Then they must first update to one that may be in the middle between the old and new for there after updating to the last firmware
CITROEN C4 CACTUS PURETECH 82 S&S ETG FEEL. 2015

Semirbojic

Post by Semirbojic » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:44 pm

PeterW wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:14 pm
Not here, but have heard of some who experience problems if their firmware is very old and trying to update to latest. Then they must first update to one that may be in the middle between the old and new for there after updating to the last firmware
It seems that micro sd card in system made me a problem. I just put old card and it works ok

MARIUSNL

Post by MARIUSNL » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 am

Finnaly i did this :

1. installed the files on a usb stick formated with Fat32 4096KB
2. put all files in original folder
3. started car and waited for 3 minutes
4 inserted the USB stick
5 Message was on the screen UPDATE FILES IDENTIFY
6. UPDATE CAN NOT BE MADE
7. Reinserted STick Repeated steps 1 to 5
8. UPDATE STARTED finnaly

9. After 15 minutes update ended .
What i did not get :)

A. Software for bluetooth 0
B. Touch screen work softer and look a litlle bit slower
c. UPDATED TO SCREEN 32.00
That,s mean is the 1st update of the 3 available updates for my Citroen C4 Cactus.

Model Car Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech ETg5
2014 .It is very strange to not have bluetooth software on in this car.
If you have any ideea how to ... please help me.

What upgrades i did:
1 added a Front /Back camera, you can connect reverse camera to the white wire on the backside of reverse light.
2. added backside parking sensors from Aliexpress ( not so briliant but they work)

PurpleCactus

Post by PurpleCactus » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:28 am

I have just downloaded the MyCitroën app for my phone. I entered the VIN, and was told that there is a smart screen update. I've just innstalled the software onto my computer that allows me to download the update.

A leap into the unknown ...

Hopefully this will work and not muck up the whole car (although, since this is all organised for the owner to do at home, surely they would have to take some responsibility if it doesn't work!).

I already have the rear parking sensors, but can I add the reversing camera? I looked up how, and the kits have long cables and plugs that have to go all the way to the fuse box. Is it really as easy as plugging it into a socket next to the reversing light? I have just had a quick look online and found lots of demos but nothing about installation yet.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Cactus Feel 6 speed manual in Deep Purple + Cactus Flair 6 speed automatic in Emerald Blue

PurpleCactus

Post by PurpleCactus » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:50 pm

MARIUSNL wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 am

1 added a Front /Back camera, you can connect reverse camera to the white wire on the backside of reverse light.
Any chance of a photo or two and some more information to show us how you connected the rear camera? I've had a look at the light cluster and cannot see any easy way of doing it. Which camera did you buy - and where from?

YouTube no help on this subject so far!
Cactus Feel 6 speed manual in Deep Purple + Cactus Flair 6 speed automatic in Emerald Blue

B4lr1c

Post by B4lr1c » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:06 pm

I'm getting close to my wits end. is there a way to force My Citreon app to give me info for updating my maps. I Have a c4 cactus 2016 and I am currently on UK map 107. Ive tried the website and every method I follow leads me round in circles. Even updated the firmware to 2018 rls. So any ideas guys ?

PurpleCactus

Post by PurpleCactus » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am

arp2012 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:46 pm
Yesterday I successfully updated my touchscreen from 084C to 085C firmware using the instructions from https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... ion-system
Everything went very well without any problem. Only the download of the new firmware (6.6 Gb) from that site took a while - apparently Citroen UK is using a slow server.

This has given me some hope of success, but reading through the other posts I'm wondering if it is only worth installing if the map on the satnav needs updating. My Cactus doesn't have satnav, so the only improvements seem to be minimal and everything currently works fine... My wife's (newly acquired) Cactus has satnav - but perhaps this is something to do over Easter, just in case it goes wrong! With any luck, the update was done at the dealers during the last service. :?

Both our cars are 2019, and most problems seem to be (unfortunately) with older cars.

Just out of interest, how long did the update take to run?