Problems updating maps

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Welshwonder08

Problems updating maps

Post by Welshwonder08 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

I tried to update the maps for the Sat Nav yesterday without success! :-( I downloaded the latest ones from Mapcare and unzipped them to a memory stick. I had the engine running in the car and the USB stick inserted, there were two messages that came up initially (can't remember the first), the second was "..assessing compatibility...". I was in the car for an hour and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this issue? How long should I expect to sit on my drive with the engine running looking like I don't car about the environment? :roll:
2016 1.2 Puretech (110bhp Start / Stop) Shark Grey with black airbumps

Keith

Re: Problems updating maps

Post by Keith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:19 am

Make sure your USB is formatted to FAT 32. I take it you downloaded Europe maps. When I did mine all the countries came up when the USB was Inserted and recognised whiched only took about a minute , I just selected U.K. and that took about 5-10min. I know if you do all the maps it does take a very long while.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image

Welshwonder08

Post by Welshwonder08 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks.

It is formatted to FAT32. Yes, it is for Europe maps. I didn't get to the point of selecting countries :-(

The only think that I had running in the car was the A/C, does everything have to be switched off for this to work?

Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:37 am

No, the engine just needs to be running. What size Gigabyte USB are you using? If you do get further I would suggest uploading only the U.K. to see how it goes. You can always upload the rest later if necessary.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image

Welshwonder08

Post by Welshwonder08 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:43 am

It's a 16Gb USB stick?

Welshwonder08

Post by Welshwonder08 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Update: I tried again this lunch time. It did the same as last time with the final message about checking compatibility disappearing like last time. This time I went into Map Details and pressed on a country and then I got the options of which countries to update. I chose the ones that I wanted and 10 - 15 mins later my sat nav was updated!

Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Good news!

FreezingIrish

Post by FreezingIrish » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi all. I am having the same issues with Maps. I have downloaded via the link, unzipped it and put the files on a FAT32 formatted 16GB USB. It reads the media and then the screen disappears like the other guys here say and nothing happens, if I touch on a Map or go to settings I dont see an option to update. I also downloaded the Maps again and its the same.....

Anyone able to help as its mildly frustrating and Citroen could have made this a little easier..

Thanks

Mike66

Post by Mike66 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi folks,

I tried this for the first time today ( also a 2016 Cactus ) I downloaded the UK map after putting in my vin number in here https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... tes#sticky and basically had the same problem as the original post by Welshwonder08.

I also got to the stage that he did .......
This time I went into Map Details and pressed on a country and then I got the options of which countries to update. I chose the ones that I wanted and 10 - 15 mins later my sat nav was updated!
But mine updated France and somehow deleted my UK maps. It did say ( updating France ) and the UK was in grey and I couldn't select it.

It looks like the 'UK map' download zip file '42009' is actually for France?
Perhaps I should download the Europe file?

Any idea what I've done wrong please? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Post by Mike66 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Just tried a fresh download - and the UK map file ( 42009.zip ) just defaults to updating France when I try the USB in the car .... strange!

A case of 'Cactus Newbie Mike' messing it up maybe? :lol:

I'm almost half way through downloading the Europe map file ( 42050.zip ) which takes a lot longer ..... fingers crossed that I can find the UK map update in there tomorrow.

Cheers
Mike