Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

MyCitroen App

22K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  ruairip 
#1 ·
Since the last update to the MyCitroen app on Android (Oreo), the journey route details are no longer synced from my car (C4 Cactus). The car logs the times and distance but a start and stop address (A>B) map is no longer shown.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it?

I have repaired the phone to the car and also reinstalled the app but the location information on journeys still doesn't sync. :?:

#5 ·
daftbadger said:
I have repaired the phone to the car and also reinstalled the app but the location information on journeys still doesn't sync. :?:
Are you re-pairing car and phone following the User Manual instructions or are you relying on an intuitive method?

Certain aspects of the overall car controls and settings don't seem at all intuitive...

#7 ·
Mine logged me out today and for most of the day it has stubbornly refused to log me back in. Managed to get back in about 20 minutes ago and got an email saying I had signed in on a new device. I also tried logging into MyCitroen on the web and this is refusing too, so I guess Citroen are playing with the system at the moment.

Overall though I find the app brilliant. It could do with some more stat options (like cost per mile averages etc.) but for a manufacturer app it is very good and generally 'just works'. Occasionally it will not connect for the first journey after a phone reboot (even though bluetooth is connected and I can stream music/audiobooks from my phone) but stopping and restarting the engine seems to solve that.

#8 ·
Hello friends
I had my app for android updated last weekend and after that I could not log in. Monday morning I finally got in but all of my former journeys were lost. I t would be nice if our trips were stored on the Citroen servers, but that is maybe against an EU law.
Best easter eggs
Stig!

#9 ·
stiggiboy said:
Hello friends
I had my app for android updated last weekend and after that I could not log in. Monday morning I finally got in but all of my former journeys were lost. I t would be nice if our trips were stored on the Citroen servers, but that is maybe against an EU law.
Best easter eggs
Stig!
I lost the first 5,000 miles of my journeys when the forced me to update to the latest version of the app, and suggested they stored the data on their servers at the time. It is NOT against any EU law for them to store the data, as long as they have the owner's permission to do so.

#10 ·
For me, the app has been working well for nearly three years. However, I just checked my latest journeys, and apparently I travelled from the North Atlantic to my home in South Wales yesterday. And it only took me nine minutes :ugeek:

#12 ·
I picked up my new Cactus on Friday. Had installed the app and added the VIN before pick up and paired my phone (iPhone) at the dealer. I drove home with a stop for fuel. When I got home, I had a notification saying there were two new journeys in the app. Useful, I thought. I also used the app to get a link to update the map (brand new vehicle :cry: )

Since then, it hasn't worked. Tried all sorts but no journeys are added unless I delete the bluetooth connection and re-pair the phone after starting the engine and before making a journey. It then works for that journey, but I have to do it again next time. I went to Citroen support and got this reply:

Just to let you know that this is an issue that our team are aware of and are currently looking into a fix. I'd recommend that you check the App Store every other day to see whether new version is available.

You can try the following solutions as alternatives.

In order for you to be able to establish a perfect connection, delete the connections and pairing between the phone and the vehicle then try again to connect.

Please delete all paired devices on your phone and vehicle.Then search for the device on your navigation system and synchronize it with your smartphone.
Check if the vehicle's Bluetooth connection is activated.

Make sure that you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone.

Verify that the application has been initialised the first time: If your smartphone is on iOS or Android, you will need to open the application each time you use the vehicle to activate the Bluetooth connection.

Do not connect it to the USB cable when using Bluetooth as it may interfere with the connection.

Delete the vehicle from the app then add your VIN number again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application. This can cause you to lose your data, I'd advise you create a backup of it before you delete the vehicle and application.* Export&Import procedure below.
*Please click on my profile in user menu on your MyCitroën account.
Settings.
Driving Data
EXPORT- IMPORT journeys. Simply click export and you can find a file containing all your journeys. Enter your e-mail address.
On the homepage of the MyCitroën app, a connection strip indicating "Connected vehicle" confirms the vehicle/application connection.

If this banner does not appear, the connection to the Smartapps Bluetooth protocol is not established, the trips will not show up, it will be necessary to make a new connection attempt.
My reply was basically "your app is badly broken, you shouldn't promote it until it works." I'll keep it on my phone in the hope it gets updated soon and works, but I'm not deleting other (reliable) pairings, and I want to use CarPlay (usb only), so I'll just have to ignore the app for now.

#14 ·
chrisecurtis said:
I picked up my new Cactus on Friday. Had installed the app and added the VIN before pick up and paired my phone (iPhone) at the dealer. I drove home with a stop for fuel. When I got home, I had a notification saying there were two new journeys in the app. Useful, I thought. I also used the app to get a link to update the map (brand new vehicle :cry: )

Since then, it hasn't worked. Tried all sorts but no journeys are added unless I delete the bluetooth connection and re-pair the phone after starting the engine and before making a journey. It then works for that journey, but I have to do it again next time. I went to Citroen support and got this reply:

Just to let you know that this is an issue that our team are aware of and are currently looking into a fix. I'd recommend that you check the App Store every other day to see whether new version is available.

You can try the following solutions as alternatives.

In order for you to be able to establish a perfect connection, delete the connections and pairing between the phone and the vehicle then try again to connect.

Please delete all paired devices on your phone and vehicle.Then search for the device on your navigation system and synchronize it with your smartphone.
Check if the vehicle's Bluetooth connection is activated.

Make sure that you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone.

Verify that the application has been initialised the first time: If your smartphone is on iOS or Android, you will need to open the application each time you use the vehicle to activate the Bluetooth connection.

Do not connect it to the USB cable when using Bluetooth as it may interfere with the connection.

Delete the vehicle from the app then add your VIN number again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application. This can cause you to lose your data, I'd advise you create a backup of it before you delete the vehicle and application.* Export&Import procedure below.
*Please click on my profile in user menu on your MyCitroën account.
Settings.
Driving Data
EXPORT- IMPORT journeys. Simply click export and you can find a file containing all your journeys. Enter your e-mail address.
On the homepage of the MyCitroën app, a connection strip indicating "Connected vehicle" confirms the vehicle/application connection.

If this banner does not appear, the connection to the Smartapps Bluetooth protocol is not established, the trips will not show up, it will be necessary to make a new connection attempt.
My reply was basically "your app is badly broken, you shouldn't promote it until it works." I'll keep it on my phone in the hope it gets updated soon and works, but I'm not deleting other (reliable) pairings, and I want to use CarPlay (usb only), so I'll just have to ignore the app for now.
After the last two updates of MyCitroen app mine only works or a day and then stops working until I restart my Android phone (Galaxy S7). It's a problem with the app, not your phone, and it's not limited to the iPhone app, clearly. Hope that helps?

#17 ·
Just found out why I have been pulling my hair out - what little I have.... I switched to a new android phone from an IPhone 5c - the App didn't work at all on this iPhone but there was a tab in the vehicle section for price of fuel...... On the android phone it works, but the tab for price of fuel has disappeared, so I can't change the fuel cost, great.... :roll:

#21 ·
That is strange, I never went looking for fuel cost but whenever I fill up the app asks me for the price.

Only went looking at the settings to be helpful :)

#23 ·
A bit of a warning - it looks like Citroen are out to break the app again with another update. This time it closes as soon as it loads. The only fix I got this time was to clear the data (or remove and reinstall). Unfortunately this also managed to delete all my trips.
The new update does have an export trips function that I dont remember on the previous one (probably was and I was just not observant) - just wish they offered an auto export to Google Drive or similar so everything is backed up for the next time Citroen decide to break it.
They have also removed the Citroen World button on the homepage. About time too as I never once had anything listed there.

#24 ·
VinceMarsters said:
A bit of a warning - it looks like Citroen are out to break the app again with another update. This time it closes as soon as it load(...)
+1 on this... Exact same issue here.

Import/Export was already present in previous versions, but I did notice a new export that allows us to view data in Excel (you still have to manually change file extension to .CSV, the app doesn't add it to the file when you export it...)

I did manage to backup my trips before uninstal/install the app, but as soon as I import my trips, the app crashes over and over again. The only way it stays stable is without trips :roll:

In any case, when you export yours trips you lose fuel price and category of ALL your trips... So..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

#25 ·
All working fine for me. Even exporting to Excel. Didn't have to change file extension. No crashing. All my trips are still there. No problems at all. Except sometimes starting a trip from the North Atlantic Ocean, which has been happening for a while now, even before the update.

#26 ·
I spent nearly 30 years in the games industry developing products, and if anyone in my teams had produced such shoddy work on multiple occasions they would have been sacked. There is no excuse for releasing untested code onto the public, no excuse for not asking if you want to back up your data before 'upgrading', and no excuse for not allowing the user data to be fully and properly backed up in the first place.

There are just no excuses and the idiots responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.