Removing previous owners sat nav addresses

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Daveh

Removing previous owners sat nav addresses

Post by Daveh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 am

It may be an age related problem, but after reading the handbook from cover to cover several times, I am still none the wiser on how to remove redundant sat nav addresses. Can someone point me in the right direction. Re-reading the manual doesn't appear to solve issue for me.
I purchased my ex-demo flair hdi auto to replace my ageing C4 Picasso and so far, I am pleased to report, it given exemplary service.

geevo

Re: Removing previous owners sat nav addresses

Post by geevo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi Dave

Select cog symbol top right
Select red arrow to go to second page
Select cog symbol top left .
At bottom right there are two boxes - 'Restore Factory Settings' and 'Delete Data'
If you choose 'Delete Data' you will get a list of options. If you choose the top option you will erase the destinations in Satnav.
You have to select 'Confirm' to effect the action and you will get a final prompt page to finish.

I've done this from memory so I hope it's correct!
Feel 110, Black on Black, Habana, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, MediaNav, Reg July 2015

Daveh

Re: Removing previous owners sat nav addresses

Post by Daveh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Wow, no wonder they don't tell you all this in the manual. Thanks a million. When I bought he car the Sat Nav address book was loaded with Citroen dealer addresses. Even the selling dealer couldn't remove them. They were of no use to me but it was a pain wading through them all to find any of the destinations I had entered.
I followed your instructions and reset to factory settings. It all rebooted fine and works perfectly. Thank once again.

DSCF0586.JPG

DSCF0585.JPG

DSCF0584.JPG

DSCF0583.JPG

DSCF0582.JPG