Cactus 2015, upgrading the car audio system

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
roy1819

Cactus 2015, upgrading the car audio system

Post by roy1819 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:50 am

Hi,

I am interested in upgrading the car audio system to a system that includes a car amplifier, a pair of front speakers and a subwoofer.
I have started the installation already and I would like to ask you guys for few "how to" tips:

1. thread the speakers cables into the fronts doors.
2. speakers wires and remote wire colors:
what are the colors for both left and right speakers and for a remote in order to starting the amplifier with the car multimedia.
3. any other tip would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Roy

PurpleCactus

Re: Cactus 2015, upgrading the car audio system

Post by PurpleCactus » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:20 pm

Is this a completely separate installation, with no link to the built in player? If so, good luck!

Cables are usually budled together in looms and are installed as the car is being built. New cables are a real nuisance to route. Chances are you're going to have to pull off panels and remove carpets to get to the holes for routing the cables through the frame and into the doors through the rubber tubes between the door and the car body.

As for colours, usually black for -ve ... otherwise, all sorts! You'll see when you pull the panels off. But surely you won't be able to use the car's wiring; if you get it wrong it could kill the ECU.

Is the sound system that bad?
Cactus Feel 6 speed manual in Deep Purple + Cactus Flair 6 speed automatic in Emerald Blue