BLUETOOTH MISSING

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
CactusNL

BLUETOOTH MISSING

Post by CactusNL » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemans, 1st of all
i just bought my 2nd hand Cactus C4
This car actually is drived by my wife but i noticed some things on this car.
Model C4 Cactus, year 2014 Feel 1.2 82HP.
what problems i got :
It looks that in the specs this car is equiped with standard bluetooth connection for the app called My Citroen. But the bluetooth connection is missing.
When i try to connect it says :
BLUETOOTH CONNECTION IS MISSING ON THIS EQUIPMENT.
I checked in settings and after i asked the sistem of problems i got another answer from the sistem :
Bluetooth hardware is present but software is empty ( missing software).
Please some help.
2nd big problem is, if there is any kind of upgrade to activate handsfree feature or Navigation at a Citroen Dealer or somehow.
Please understand that i really searched in this forum and i did not found a correct answer.
I say again :
1st Bluetooth hardware is but no software
2nd If I can pay to activate some features of console.

PurpleCactus

Re: BLUETOOTH MISSING

Post by PurpleCactus » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:46 pm

Welcome!

It may be that the screen's software needs updating. There were some other discussions about this recently.

You have to download an extraordinarily huge file from Citroën, transfer it to a properly formatted (FAT32 I think) USB stick and then follow the instructions provided to update the screen. Some have reported success, others have had problems, still more probably think that if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I have the USB stick ready, but am hesitating ...

I only know about this because I installed the My Citroën app on my phone. If you do, once you enter the VIN code you will be told which updates are available.

I hope that helps you.
Cactus Feel 6 speed manual in Deep Purple + Cactus Flair 6 speed automatic in Emerald Blue