Front passenger door for 2015 cactus

Interior and Exterior bodywork
domino

Front passenger door for 2015 cactus

Post by domino » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:53 am

Hi all.
After a slight accident my passenger side front door got bent in a way that the cost of repair and respray was so hight that the body shop did not recommended it at all and suggested I try to source another door.

I found an abundance of doors however I was also advised to try and find the right colour and avoid further repaint costs.

My cactus is in the "hello yellow" colour, it's a 2015 1.2 litre petrol mod... I found black, grey, blue, red doors but not yellow. I was checking online, on breaker yards on ebay, on various breaker or salvage yards online but so far no luck.

I posted an add on breaker link which returned no results. Is anyone able to recommend a good place to check?

Thank you.
Regards,
Norbert

Rubik

Re: Front passenger door for 2015 cactus

Post by Rubik » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:38 pm

domino wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:53 am
Hi all.
After a slight accident my passenger side front door got bent in a way that the cost of repair and respray was so hight that the body shop did not recommended it at all and suggested I try to source another door.

I found an abundance of doors however I was also advised to try and find the right colour and avoid further repaint costs.

My cactus is in the "hello yellow" colour, it's a 2015 1.2 litre petrol mod... I found black, grey, blue, red doors but not yellow. I was checking online, on breaker yards on ebay, on various breaker or salvage yards online but so far no luck.

I posted an add on breaker link which returned no results. Is anyone able to recommend a good place to check?

Thank you.
Regards,
Norbert

My rear o/s door suffered a crease caused by another driver allowing their door to slam into my door in a strong wind.

I also have the 'hello yellow' coloured car, it was repairable but at great costs, aggravation, inconvenience and time for me.

It took the garage fours months, backwards and forwards 5 times till it was acceptable. The paint was just too soft.

The trouble with this particular colour is matching, then the air-bumps tend to ripple the paint off the door in direct sunlight.