Door corrosion

Interior and Exterior bodywork
PandaCactus

Door corrosion

Post by PandaCactus » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi guys, I read up about the doors corroding when I bought my car a few years back. My car is a late 2015 model. My doors have been fine and I usually give them a check when I'm giving it a clean but by chance today I caught a glimpse of something. Rust.

It appears to be on both the front and back right hand side doors.

Both doors on the left are fine, no bubbling or rust.

My car is still under citroen extended warranty, has anyone had any luck getting these replaced when their car is over 3 years old?
2015 1.2 puretech Feel. White with black air bumps.

stoian

Re: Door corrosion

Post by stoian » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm

I had 2 doors replaced under warranty. Perforation warranty by the manufacturer here is 12 years so I suppose you won't have any issues getting yours replaced under warranty. On a side note, carefully inspect the doors alignment and test your speakers on higher volume/bass after the replacement. Airbumps do NOT come with the new door so the garage has to retrofit your existing panels on your new doors; there is a lot that can go squeaking and creaking and buzzing with these doors :|

PandaCactus

Post by PandaCactus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks for the advice. I phoned up my dealership yesterday and have it booked in so they can inspect it next week. Hopefully they'll get the go ahead from Citroen and replace the doors.
2015 1.2 puretech Feel. White with black air bumps.

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 pm

Should you manage to have new doors fitted, they will require respraying which means the removal of the air-bumps.

Advice: Check the doors every day as the hot weather softens the paint and the air-bumps tend to ripple the paint off the doors.

Please see pics of how a garage can bodge to avoid the paint rippling. Air-bumps are like knives to paintwork.

Paint2.jpg

Paint1.jpg

Bodge.jpg