Driver footwell carpet wear

Interior and Exterior bodywork
srperry

Re: Driver footwell carpet wear

Post by srperry » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:10 am

Are you sure those mats are actual Citroen supplied ones? The dealer may have supplied aftermarket ones - When the cars are supplied from the factory they don't have mats as far as I know; if mats are provided at sale then I believe it is the dealer adding 'value' by providing them.

The mats in my car are actual Citroen ones, and don't have a reinforcing panel like yours, and were provided by my dealer. My car is now one year old and 13,000 miles in and there is no wear on the supplied mat apart from a light scuff mark. I may be unusual but I actually lift my feet when using the pedals and don't slide them on the floor - that comes from years of VW Beetle driving where you HAD to lift your feet to reach the pedals! :)

The aftermarket mats do seem to be the same outline shape as the Citroen ones, which annoys me as the factory template leaves a part of the floor in front of the footrest unprotected, and that is a design fail.
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

davew

Post by davew » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

srperry wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:10 am
Are you sure those mats are actual Citroen supplied ones? The dealer may have supplied aftermarket ones - When the cars are supplied from the factory they don't have mats as far as I know; if mats are provided at sale then I believe it is the dealer adding 'value' by providing them.
Its an interesting idea, but looking at the removable mats fitted in our Cactus, the position of the reinforced area of the mat corresponds exactly to the position of the reinforced area of the main fitted carpet - which must surely be a factory fitment.
And as commented by most of the other reports, both reinforcements are too far forward to prevent wear from adult shoe heels...

mrmacro

Post by mrmacro » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:43 am

this is my exact point davew that I have been trying to get to Citroen .it is good to see that someone else agrees with me even if Citroen wont
davew wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm
Its an interesting idea, but looking at the removable mats fitted in our Cactus, the position of the reinforced area of the mat corresponds exactly to the position of the reinforced area of the main fitted carpet - which must surely be a factory fitment.
And as commented by most of the other reports, both reinforcements are too far forward to prevent wear from adult shoe heels...
so this seems that the cars as designed for children to drive or people with very very small feet , not the national average size like mine
davew wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm
both reinforcements are too far forward to prevent wear from adult shoe heels...
2015 -65 Plate Hello Yellow Citroën C4 Cactus Hatchback 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Flair

Jukebox

Post by Jukebox » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I've never had a problem with cactus carpets for one simple reason...I never got any with the car! However I was aware of that before I collected the car and so made sure I kept the carpets from the C3 I was trading in.
I had to move the securing clips to fit them (there's a pic on another "carpet" thread somewhere) but I've just realised that in using them the reinforced area on the C3 carpets sit further back from the pedals. In the attached picture the ruler marks the reinforced edge on the mat while the zip-tie marks that on the carpet below. Result!
You shouldn't have to trouble yourself finding a solution but fitting C3 carpets seems to work.

20170611_163817.jpg

Flair 1.2(82) white n' black 17"alloys

mrmacro

Post by mrmacro » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 pm

thanks Jukebox
I think it may have been your post I saw about moving the securing clips so I have done this now and the reinforced portion is under my heel now
and as I recall you saying, that the holes and the carpet are under the seat nearly so that doesn't afect it

cactusMats - 3.jpg

cactusMats - 4.jpg

Cactused

Post by Cactused » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 pm

"You shouldn't have to trouble yourself finding a solution but fitting C3 carpets seems to work."
well exactly. Not entirely impressed with this - had the same problem on mine, carpets shagged after less than a year. Replaced with the rubber cactus matts which are great, but that's £75 for two sets of carpets / matts to find a solution that Citroen should have engineered in the first place! Customer testing :evil:

mara45

Post by mara45 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 pm

I bought these carpets and the problem is now solved

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222709531326

LMC247

Post by LMC247 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:01 pm

I've just handed my Cactus Flair 15 reg back today after 48,000 and 3 great years. It was leased with Citroen/PSA and was collected and inspected by a company called Manheim.

The mats provided with the car had worn through on the drivers side and subsequently torn the carpet underneath, a rip of approximately 2cm. I was given an invoice to fix this for the value of...

£458!

I've told them I'm disputing the charge and will go from there. Anyone had any luck dealing with Citroen/PSA on stuff like this and arguing fair wear and tear?

mrmacro

Post by mrmacro » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:17 pm

I too have had the same problem and is post on » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 pm and previously as they replaced the carpet as I said in a previous post

I now have a piece of aluminium underneath the carpet to protect the fitted carpet as if this gets a hole in again then I am sure they will reply as they have before and I Quote what they say
I said

"it is not wear and tear that i am questioning, i am happy to pay for wear and tear, but when the reinforced section is in the wrong position then this is a design fault that is down to yourselves to fix

i hope you have recieved the images that i included to demonstrate what i mean

2 June 2017 ·

Citroën
Hello Your dealership will be happy to inspect the area for you; however, we don't believe there to be a design fault with this area of the C4 Cactus. We've had no spate of any such repairs elsewhere. We apologise for any inconvenience caused"

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”