Driver footwell carpet wear

Interior and Exterior bodywork
mrmacro

Re: Driver footwell carpet wear

Post by mrmacro » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:47 am

I too have had a problem with the drivers footwell carpet, this wore through the mat and the car carpet after about 15000 to 18000 miles (for the Right foot heel ) but i didnt contact them straight away. the mats was the genuine Cactus labeled mat provided by ther main dealers

the problem is that the reinforced portion of the carpet and the mat are positioned incorrectly , your heel is just outside the reinforced portion of the mat and the car carpet and i feel this is a design fault on Citroen part.

When i said that it had worn then seemed to be going towards the answer by BristolRich, but when they realised that they were the official mats then they contacted citroen directly

They must have people with very small feet in france to actually get your heel on the reinforced part or they are driven by Kids :D ,I have a size 9 feet so i believe this to be average size. they logged a call and replaced the mats and the whole car carpet,
2015 -65 Plate Hello Yellow Citroën C4 Cactus Hatchback 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Flair

Ron

Post by Ron » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 am

Only 6 weeks in and already showing heel wear, ordered a set of rubber mats, collecting them today... maybe I'll stop wearing my doctor martens!
Seriously poor quality mats with the vehicle when new
1.6HDi Flair Edition.
Born 1st Feb 2017, Obsidian Black, Black Bumps & Wheels, Black Leather, Stone Grey ambience, Pano Roof. (19k miles @ 58mpg)

Ron

Post by Ron » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:41 pm

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0478.jpg

Just fitted these beauties on my Cactus and about to throw the supplied mats in the bin! £40 from Citroen

1.6HDi Flair Edition.
Born 1st Feb 2017, Obsidian Black, Black Bumps & Wheels, Black Leather, Stone Grey ambience, Pano Roof. (19k miles @ 58mpg)

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 pm

They look the business, the lip is handy to keep all the grit from going everywhere.

Did you need the floor drilling to fit the clips?
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

Zenkodo

Post by Zenkodo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 pm

They look good. Might go for those myself but I've just bought replacement Citroen carpet mats. £35 I think they were.
1.6 HDi ETG6 Flair. Shark Grey / black air bumps

Ron

Post by Ron » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:30 am

No need for drilling, they fit in the existing carpet mat clips, these 'tray' style rubber ones will be so much easier to clean, the rear mats are tray style as well and fit perfectly.
1.6HDi Flair Edition.

PriceAndyL

Post by PriceAndyL » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 am

Like Bristol/Rich I have the Citroen Cactus rubber mats. They fit very well, rear ones too, cover everything plus they lap up the sides as Rich says and the driver mat poppers to the floor to prevent it sliding up under the peddles. Oh, it also says "Cactus" on the driver mat too, cute. You could probably spill a cup of coffee on any of them and it could hold it all without run off (?).

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 am

Just to add my two penny worth I've had mine for two years now and they're brilliant. If they get a bit grubby I just take them out and give them a good clean with a brush and soapy water.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:31 am

I also got the rubber mats that Ron has in his video. They are brilliant. Got mine off ebay for around the £40 mark. Might I add that the official cactus boot protector you can get is also pretty handy.

s-l64.jpg

dominicd

Post by dominicd » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:39 am

I'm currently tweeting @lindajackson CEO of #Citroen & #CitroenUK

I've sent her a picture and asked her if she thinks it is acceptable?

@dominic1969 if anyone wants to monitor progress.

Unlike Microsoft customers, I won't settle for a patch.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”