Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Mudflats and thinks

14K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  davemk39 
#1 ·
As it has been much cooler today, I decided to do my first jobs on George.
Found a set of Universal Mudflaps in the Shed which I purchased about 4 years ago for another car but, never got round to fitting them so,
they are now on George. Fit really well without fettling and were only £4.99 a pair. How can Citreon charge £25 + and keep a straight face.
Don't know if they are still available, details in the photo below if anyone interested.
While the wheels were off I painted the Brake Calipers, cleaned and waxed the inside of the wheels to try and keep the muck off, and treated the suspension / steering components with an Anti corrosion spray I use on my Motorbike. Scottoil FS365. Be interesting to see if it works on the underside of a car.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
G
#8 ·
Jonovich said:
The Citroen ones are of the same plastic as the wheel arches and although a good match, I'd rather have something in rubber that has a bit of give in it :eek: :eek:
Mine are genuine Citroen ones fitted by the dealer at purchase and are nothing like the wheel arch plastic, they are a really flexible rubber with plenty of give and movement, strange.

#9 ·
Yes, they are made of a rubber type material which is quite flexible.

Love the look of the White wheels too, have to be cleaned regular though as they look awful when really grubby.

#10 ·
Keith said:
Jonovich said:
The Citroen ones are of the same plastic as the wheel arches and although a good match, I'd rather have something in rubber that has a bit of give in it :eek: :eek:
Mine are genuine Citroen ones fitted by the dealer at purchase and are nothing like the wheel arch plastic, they are a really flexible rubber with plenty of give and movement, strange.
That is really bizarre - mine came from Citroen as well and are most definitely more plastic than rubber... Phoeey :(

G
#11 ·
Jonovich said:
Keith said:
Jonovich said:
That is really bizarre - mine came from Citroen as well and are most definitely more plastic than rubber... Phoeey :(
I'll try and take a picture tomorrow and post it. :D

G
#12 ·
Keith said:
I'll try and take a picture tomorrow and post it. :D

I had a bit of a problem getting a decent picture of mine so grabbed this from the web which are identical.
On checking mine the fronts are very flexible and the rears quite stiff with only a little play. The material of mine is not similar to the wheel-arches, mine are definitely rubber.

#15 ·
From your description, yours are quite different. These are mine: -

They are plastic, and hollow inside. Come in genuine Cactus C4 packaging with the part numbers 101914 for the front and 101915 for the rear.

They are drilled and riveted on - see the pictured rivets.

Cheers,

Jono

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.